Gohan vs. Videl, A Battle Months in the Making

Last time on Dragon Ball Z: PRIMAL, the final match of the second round concluded with Barry Khan's brutal victory against Lao Lime. And so, there are now four fighters competing against each other in the semifinals. Now, we focus on the reactions to the celebrity's win and start the semifinals. But who will be our two finalists? Which warrior will take on Mr. Satan? And when will Wheelo act on his master plan? What will our heroes do when that situation arises? The journey to make their way to the top of the tournament continues, now!

Kami's Lookout, Heavenly Realm, Age 774

"...This man, Jinpachi. He's at the tournament?" Dende asked, looking at the Supreme Kai and his attendant.

Shin, with his eyes narrowed, nodded in confirmation.

"I'm afraid so."

"T-Then that means that the tournament is–" Dende assumed, to be cut off by Kibito.

The attendant also nodded slowly, saying, "A trap, yes."

"Well, what are we going to do about this?" Dende inquired. "Everybody is currently over there. Even if I were to warn them, it's not like I can tell them to attack the man who the whole world finds to be innocent."

"An attack won't be viable in this situation as of now," Shin said, shaking his head. "That, and Kibito and I do not intend to directly get involved."

Dende, and Mr. Popo, who was next to the young guardian of the planet, formed an expression that showed concern.

"But milords! We don't have enough information to determine how much of a threat this person truly is! There could be other dangers to him that we are not aware of. We may need your help!" Mr. Popo expressed.

"We're not dismissing the severity of the threat," Kibito reassured the two. "Nor are we denying our assistance. You must understand that we cannot directly involve ourselves with one planet due to the protocols we must follow. That is why we stayed distant from the inhabitants of Earth."

Shin stated, "Therefore, all that we can do is provide suggestions and instructions. Formulating a plan of action is the best way to approach this adversary."

"Wait, how does this have to do with any of the other warriors? I mean, this is only speculation, but wouldn't that only entail him ruining Hercule's career?" Dende questioned.

Kibito grimly answered, "When a person allows anger to turn into malice, it drives them to act on more than what originally ignited the flames of revenge in the first place. Depending on the amount of malice in their hearts and their ambitions, this may lead to the destruction of that person and the destruction of the other beings that surround them."

"Then why not solve this problem now than wait for my friends to react?" Dende retorted. "It would save this planet and its people the trouble!"

"Because, Guardian, this tournament serves a very crucial purpose," Kibito responded, prompting Dende to raise his non-existent eyebrow.

Mr. Popo then asked, "What purpose would that be, milords?"

Kibito and Shin smiled as the Kaiōshin responded with utter confidence.

"This tournament shall not only serve as a test for my disciple, but it also serves as the birthplace for a new generation. A generation of mighty warriors that'll become Earth's new protectors."

Spectator's Area, Stadium, Battle Island II,

"Lao Lime is unable to continue! Barry Khan advances to the next round!" The announcer said as the screen showed Lime being taken away to the infirmary by a small team of medics.