The Aftermath, The Truth is Revealed

Last time on Dragon Ball Z: PRIMAL, Gohan transformed into the second level of the Super Saiyan upon witnessing Sharpner's death at the Cooler. This led to a fierce confrontation against the Arcosian. Cooler soon learned how much Gohan's raw power outclassed him in every way. To test the limits of the hybrid's power, Cooler dropped a powerful Supernova on Gohan which threatened not only him but the entire Earth. The stakes rose higher as Gohan's Ascended form lowered through overexertion. Thankfully, a mysterious presence spoke to Gohan at the last minute, giving him a hidden message and encouragement. With these tools in hand, Gohan absorbed the Supernova, revitalizing his strength, and used Cooler's own power with his own to put an end to him once and for all. What of the aftermath of this epic event? Find out, now!

Outside of West City, Miles Away

Kibito and Shin watched as the triumphant Son Gohan finished off Cooler for good.

While Shin remained his reserved self, Kibito being impressed was an understatement. To him, this was his realization, his wake-up to the power of mortals.

"H-He did it! I cannot believe it!" Kibito gasped. "To think of a mere mortal, a child no less has the power and means to defeat a being far stronger than the likes of that Arcosian, Frieza."

"It is a feat worthy of praise," Shin stated. "This goes to show what kind of surprises lie within the vast universe."

Kibito turned to Shin, asking, "Lord Shin, may I ask why you've chosen to intervene at the last moment?"

Shin stated, "As powerful as Son Gohan may be, he is a mortal child at the end of the day. A child with an internal struggle that is just as apparent as the latent pool of power that I sense within him. That struggle could have caused his death had I remained indifferent."

"Wait, are you saying that you already have decided to choose this boy?" Kibito questioned.

"I had a hunch that he was more than capable of handling the Arcosian. Undoubtedly so. Despite that fact, one must always be open to any possibility. Even the possibility of error. Son Gohan's flaws lie within his lack of discipline; the inner control of one's self. That, in turn, comes back full circle with his internal struggle." Shin explained.

"Internal struggle? As in who he is?" Kibito asked, seeking clarification.

Shin, however, shook his head, answering, "It is not a matter of who he is but what he is."

"I see...What do you intend to do with this mortal, exactly?" Kibito questioned.

Shin looked up to the sky while responding, "Today, this young warrior has proven to me that not only is he powerful and benevolent, but he's able to listen to instruction when necessary. I am convinced now that our search is finally coming to an end. Now, we will move on to the next phase of our plan."

Kibito assumed in the form of an inquiry, "You wish to take on this Son Gohan as your disciple?"

"Precisely," Shin nodded with a knowing smile. "Of course, we'd have to work on his level of self control given his mixed heritage. But I'm sure you can handle that. And who knows, he may be the one worthy to finally release...it."

"L-Let's not give him too much credit, Lord Shin. After all, he has a lot to learn if you are dead set on teaching this child. Such a high privilege like learning about that must be earned, let alone releasing it." Kibito said, clearing his throat after quickly losing his composure out of shock.

Shin chuckled at this and himself, stating, "Ah, forgive me. Perhaps I am getting a little ahead of myself out of elation. Dare I say that I am excited?"