Unexpected Surprises, The Second Round Begins

Last time on Dragon Ball Z: PRIMAL, the day finally arrived as the Dragon Team gathered to watch Gohan, Videl, and Sharpner participate in the Elemental Tournament. While in search of Barry Khan before the first round, Gohan was greeted by an ally he hadn't been in contact with since his early days as Piccolo's student. Once the first round began, our heroes fought their way to stay on their respective platforms in their designated sections. And so, their journey to make their way to the top in the tournament continues, now!

Kami's Lookout, Heavenly Realm, Age 774

Stepping out of the Pendulum Room, the new Guardian of the Earth stiffly walked back to the ledge of the Lookout, visibly appalled.

While Mark "Hercule" Satan was certainly not on the list of the worst beings in the universe, the kinds of reckless decision-making in his later life had caused many lives to be financially and emotionally ruined thanks to the man triggered a rare sensation that the young Namekian was currently feeling.

Disgust and anger.

'...What kind of man would do such despicable things? I-It's unforgivable!' Dende pondered frustratingly. 'To think greed could corrupt a decent person's heart in such a way. He may not be intentionally heinous like Frieza, but I wouldn't ever want anything to do with this human either.'

Shin stood beside Dende with Kibito on his left side.

"Are you alright, Young Guardian?" Shin questioned.

"...I will be, Supreme Kai. I-I just need a moment to process this." Dende said while sighing hard.

"We understand your reaction and emotions towards this mortal, but you must not let such feelings cloud your better judgment." Kibito reasoned. "While this Mark played a big role in this whole ordeal, the mortal whose power that you've been sensing made the decision to harbor his anger to the point where it has now converted into malice."

"And it is that very malice is what you've been detecting over the past month," Shin concluded.

Dende then asked, "While I am grateful for your help, what does knowing Mark's selfish deeds have to do with my problem?"

"Guardian, the man whose energy you seek came from a background of shame and misery. When Mark handed him a position, it breathed new life, a purpose for the man." Shin expressed evenly.

"That, however, does not mean that the mortal let his past woes go," Kibito added. "It was always there, festering deep down with no outlet for a healthy release. Despite the eventual emotional connections he made with Mark and his daughter, this Jinpachi mortal was always a troubled individual who could have either gotten assistance to find inner peace or snap. It just so happened that the rejection of Mark and the ignorant scorn of the planet became the catalyst of Jinpachi's descent into malice."

"And so, from that point forward, Jinpachi has spent his entire life focusing his hatred and malice towards the world that rejected him, especially those who forsaken him in the past."

Popo and Dende gasped at this, feeling the pit of dread in their stomachs grow bigger.

Mr. Popo, who was with the small group, fearfully asked, "...Do you happen to know where this person that this Mark has wronged, Lord Shin?"

Shin and Kibito merely looked down below as the Lookout began to move forward for a few seconds until it stopped.

"Take a look," Shin evenly instructed.

Popo and Dende gasped in horror as they realized where Jinpachi was as they gazed at Battle Island.

'...Dear Porunga!'