Time Goes On, The Ambitions Of A Scientist

Last time on Dragon Ball Z: PRIMAL, Gohan brought along his friends to a fancy party where they celebrated Barry Khan's sister. It was there where they met the rich and successful scientist and businessman, Dr. James Yanagi. Little do they know that he was a man name Dr. Wheelo, who may have his own agenda at play and has a boiling grudge against Mr. Satan. He seems to also have plans involving the DNA of a Saiyan hybrid. What does this mean for Gohan and the Dragon Team? Find out, now!

Downtown, Hercule City, Age 774

While being driven in the back of a limousine on the freeway, the wealthy and well-groomed scientist, Dr. Yanagi, also known unbeknownst to the public as Dr. Wheelo, sat in the backseat, discussing business negotiations with an unknown individual over the phone.

(...Hello, this is Dr. Kōchin from East City Universe Labs...)

"Yes, Dr. Subaru Kōchin? This is Dr. James Yanagi, CEO of Willow Industries. How are you, sir?"

(O-Oh, Dr. Yanagi?! I'm great, fantastic! I didn't expect a call from such a large name in the field of Biology. You know, my father could walk again thanks to your outstanding breakthroughs in modern medicine. And I'm eternally grateful for your hard work.)

The wavy-haired doctor smirked as he said, "That's exceptional to hear, Dr. Kōchin. Try not to think too critically about it, though. While I do take pride in my craft, what my company and I do for a living is to serve a greater purpose. To take the next large step in human evolution for the good of mankind."

(R-Right. So, uh, how can I help you today?)

"I'm content that you asked, good sir. You see, this is a business endeavor and it has come to my attention that you are one of the rare select few individuals on the planet to be in possession of the even extraordinarily rare element, tritium. Is that true, Dr. Kōchin?"

(Yes, it is Dr. Yanagi. I have a few cases of tritium vials in my possession. )

"I'd like to personally purchase a few of them if its possible."

(...Purchase? I don't know, Dr. Yanagi. Tritium is extremely rare as you stated before. The only other people who have tritium besides me are scientists in the Ox Kingdom, the royal scientists that are under King Furry's command, and Bulma Briefs herself. It's something that I can merely put a price tag on.)

Smiling, Dr. Wheelo uttered a single word over the phone.

"Thirty eight million."

There was silence on the other end for thirty seconds. The smirk never left Wheelo's face, knowing that he had Kōchin where he wanted him.

(...W-What?)

"That is my offer. I'll give you thirty eight million zeni in cash for three vials of tritium that weigh fifteen grams each."

( I...I...)

"Any day now, Dr. Kōchin. I am a patient man at heart, but we both have schedules. And mine is very packed."

(Okay! I'll consider it.)

"Splendid, now we have a bit of an understanding. I'll load the funds as soon as possible. Is it possible to pick it up after business hours today?"

(Or c-course, Dr. Yanagi! I'll have them ready by the afternoon. Until then, sir!)

"Until then, cheers."

Hanging up that number, Dr. Yanagi turned to his newspapers and saw a headline that made him scowl.

The title was labeled, "Horrifying Monster Attacks Market, Three Beastmen Tragically Killed".