A Birthday to Remember

Last time on Dragon Ball Z: PRIMAL, Last time on Dragon Ball Z PRIMAL, While Videl continued to stray further away from her father, Erasa was attacked by the newly formed beastman, Marker. This caused a short scuffle between him and Barry Khan which ended in the blond boy threatening the beastman's life. Barry's threat was carried out. Because of Gohan's strange behavior and thanks to Dende's revelation, Chi-Chi confronted her son. This led to an argument that resulted in Gohan leaving his home. Will the Son family reconcile? Find out, now!

Yunzabit Heights, Age 774

It was the night before Goten's birthday and Gohan had spent time focusing on his training and his schoolwork. His friends had noticed a shift in his mood the day after the heated confrontation between him and his mother. To avoid dragging people's moods down, the boy remained silent, only speaking when he needed to.

After school, Gohan would fly to the Capsule Corporation and go to his family room to keep to himself, only coming out when he needed essentials, to talk to Bulma about Goten's birthday or Saiyaman business, or to learn from or train with Vegeta. Goten would often fly over to see how his elder brother was doing and spend time with him for a few hours until he had to go home.

The only person that he had ever spoken to about what had happened to him outside of Piccolo, Vegeta, and Shin was Videl, who he explained to through text messages. While she offered to talk to him about it over lunch, he politely declined, stating that he just needed time to cool off. Videl accepted the response and respected her teacher's wishes.

Now, Gohan, wearing his old training gi, sat down by himself on top of a plateau, trying to meditate in order to purge himself of his anger towards his mother. But the more he tried to concentrate, the more his ki rose from the rage that was festering deep down.

The rage inside began to manifest as the power output started to shake the plateau. Sensing this, Gohan stopped what he was doing in a jolt and panted.

"...Damn it! Nothing's working! I've been at this for two hours and I can't seem to calm down!" Gohan gritted, feeling the electricity coursing around his body as if he was ascending to the second level of Super Saiyan.

Gohan sighed at himself, saying, "It's times like these where I wish Dad was still around. He'd know how to cheer me up."

"Maybe I can help."

Gohan turned around to see the Supreme Kai, Shin, who appeared next to him, sitting beside the emotionally drained Saiyan.

Gohan bowed to his teacher, saying, "Oh! G-Greetings, Lord Shin. I didn't see you there."

"I'd imagine that to be the case. My divine energy makes me practically invisible to the mortal ki users." The Sōzōshin mused.

"Yeah, that's right... So, what brings you out all the way on the other side of the planet?" Gohan questioned in a curious manner. "And where's Kibito?"

"He is back in the Sacred Realm." Shin stated. "And as to why I am here, I came to see my disciple in his low point. After all, your energy is also linked to your emotions."

"...Oh," Gohan said before staring into the distance.

Staring at Gohan, Kaiōshin said, "You are troubled."

Gohan sighed, looking up at the sky.

"Is this about your mother?"

Gohan nodded, painfully saying, "You think that being around my father long enough, I'd forgive just about anyone for anything. Granted, she was right about me not telling her about you in spite of our agreement. But what my mom just told me in my face, I-I don't know if I can simply let that go. Maybe this is how Videl-san feels..."