Gohan the High School Student

The Dragon Balls. Seven mystical orbs of unknown and extraordinary power. These artifacts are shrouded in mystery for those who are ignorant of the legend that surrounds them. They are described as round orange crystal spheres the size of an apple that has a specific number of red stars from one to seven that are impossible to break. If one were to collect and gather these seven Dragon Balls, the sky will darken, and the clouds will gather together to allow lightning to crackle. Using their power, the orbs will glow in the union to summon a mighty ray of light skywards, revealing the Eternal Dragon known as Shenron. From there, the green auspicious Dragon shall grant the caller any wish they desire if it's within Shenron's power.

Because of the existence of such a power, the legend of the wish-granting Dragon God's power has been passed down until it has become a legend or a myth. However, that did not stop those who were curious about the Dragon Balls to hunt for them. For some, it was for their own personal gain that could be considered harmless or convenient. For others, it was to fulfill darker desires.

Whatever the case may be, the influence that the seven Dragon Balls have changed the lives of those who look for them, bring people together in search for what the common man would perceive to be nothing more than a fairytale.

But for one man as a youth, the hunt for the Dragon Balls turned into an unforgettable experience. His Mystical Adventure.

Of course, this is referring to the man known as Son Goku.

With the fateful encounter with a teenage girl, his quest for the Dragon Balls had led to many different skirmishes over his lifetime. Goku faced opposing rivals, evil tyrants, alien invasions, earthly and galactic armies, a supposed demon lord, and even mechanical and biomechanical superweapons.

Despite these obstacles, Goku still manages to rise to every challenge and fight them off with the help of his friends, and former-foes-turned-allies. Sadly, a particular fight that involved a great gamble had gone horribly wrong in which he was at fault. So in a last-ditch effort to save the world, Goku took it upon himself to sacrifice himself, saving everybody.

The death of Son Goku left an impact on the lives of those he touched. And none more so than his very own legacy in which this tale centers on. As of now, the fate of the planet earth rests on the son of Goku.

This is the legend of Son Gohan, the Saiyan of Earth.

Hercule City, Age 774

Forty feet from the ground flew a figure on a golden cloud. The figure turned out to be a young man in his late adolescence. His short gravity-defying spiky hair flew, with his small dark-haired bang waving over his pale-skinned forehead. He sat criss-cross on the cloud with his arms folded as he waited patiently to arrive at his destination. The guy had an innocent shine in his onyx-colored eyes. He wore a nice white long-sleeved shirt, a black vest that had a button with an orange star on it, brown khakis, and black dress shoes. We also wore a tan messenger bag around him.

This was Son Gohan, seven years after the day of fate that took place in the Cell Games.

"Man," Gohan said, speaking his thoughts to himself. "It's the first day of class. It's kind of hard to wrap my head around it. ...I still can't believe it. After all this time, Mom actually got into a High School. Though, I still see why she did so."

-Flashback, Mount Paozu, Two Week Prior-

It was in the middle of March where two boys were running around at speeds that weren't considered normal by human standards. If one were two observed carefully, one could make out blurs of purple and orange. Voices, both older, and younger exchanged playful banter and words such as "tag" and "you're it" around, But it all came to a stop when a cry caught their attention.

"Gohan, dear! Could you come inside?" A motherly voice rang outside, resounding throughout the field.

The two blurs almost instantly stopped. Gohan stood in place, wearing his training gi that was purple with red wrist bands and red shoes. The smaller boy, on the other hand, was a child about seven years of age with a pile of messing spiky locks that shared similar facial features as Gohan. He wore a navy blue long-sleeved shirt under a bright orange gi which was paired with a black sash tied to the left side of his hip, and black shoes.

This was the youngest son of Goku and the younger brother of Gohan, Son Goten.

Goten quickly looked at his older brother and asked, "Big brother, I think Momma wants you."

"Yeah," Gohan nods, "I heard her, kiddo. Let me see what she wants."

Not wanting to seem like he was ignoring his mother, Gohan answered, "I'll be there in a second!"

"Are you in trouble?" Goten asked with worry in tone.

Gohan blinked before scratching his head as he honestly answered to Goten, "Kami, I hope not. The lasting I want is a bash from that frying pan."

Both boys cringed at the thought of such a deadly weapon of Saiyan discipline to be brought down on their thick skulls.

All of a sudden, Gohan brought a comforting hand on Goten's shoulder.

"Hey, now," Said Gohan. "Don't worry about me, I'm sure Mom's got a good reason to call me. Why don't you go explore around the backyard? I'm sure Icarus would love to play with you."

Goten's frown quickly left his face as he chirped, "Okay! See you later, Big Brother!"

Goten went racing towards the backyard, leaving Gohan to head inside his home to where his mother was.

Making his way to the living sat a beautiful woman that was in her prime. Much like Gohan and Goten, she had dark eyes with a matching hair color along with a nice creamy skin tone. For her attire, the woman wore a yellow uniform with a purple cloth tied on the back with turquoise pants, blue martial art shoes, and with all of her hair put into a bun, and also wore white Chinese earrings.

This was Son Chi-Chi. Wife of the late Goku and mother of Gohan and Goten.

"You wanted to see me, Mom?" Gohan asked, glancing at his mother to gauge her mood.

Chi-Chi, as a person, was a very outgoing and passionate woman with a fiery personality and temper to go along with it. Whenever she put her mind to things, she puts a ton of effort and hard work to achieve goals and get things done thoroughly. If she believes in values that mean something to her, she is not afraid of voicing those values and instilling them in her children. Gohan, being the scholar that he was since he could comprehend things, could attest to this, given that he has an IQ that could rival some of the most brilliant scientists in the world as a teenager. And if somebody were to anger or challenge her, Ch-Chi's fury turns into extraordinary power (for a human earthling). Paring that with her previous martial arts background and being the daughter of the Ox-King, Chi-Chi is considered to be one of, if not, the strongest woman in the world.

To Gohan's relief, she carried a gentle, yet serious expression to her beautiful face.