Yurin vs. Sharpner, Witness the Clash of the Cranes

Last time on Dragon Ball Z: PRIMAl, Videl and Upa had met in the Battle Zone where they were paired to face each other. While Upa proved to be a seasoned opponent, Videl's tenacity and willingness to push beyond her limits eventually overwhelmed the Karinga warrior through the risky but powerful Kaiōken technique. What is in store for our heroes? Their journey to make their way to the top of the tournament continues, now!

Stadium, Battle Island II, Age 774

The audience's horror from Videl's near elimination suddenly turned 360 degrees after taking her stand against her opponent. And all it took was a simple word to turn the tides of the fight in her favor in a matter of seconds. Upon the grounded Upa's defeat and the count up to ten, the match has been decided.

"Upa is unable to continue! Videl advances to the next round!"

The crowd went wild.

Most of the Dragon Team screamed in jubilation. Well, Chi-Chi, Bulma, Erasa, and the children did anyway.

Lazuli and the other warriors, while happy that Gohan's student made it passed this round, was confused as to how Videl learned such a technique that many associated with Goku and its creator, King Kai.

The blonde clapped lightly, saying, "I have to hand it to the kid, she's got heart. And some spunk to boot."

"That's great and all, babe, but most of us are still wrapping as to-"

"-HOW!?" Vegeta screamed, genuinely baffled beyond belief. "HOW COULD THAT MERE BRAT LEARN THAT BLASTED KAI'S TECHNIQUE!?"

"-What he said." Krillin finished, pointing to Vegeta's outburst, which Bulma hushed the man much to her embarrassment.

"Yes, that is quite the mystery." Tien pondered. "I know that none of us were able to learn the Kaiōken technique while we were on his planet."

"Man, I wish." Krillin pouted, which prompted Lazuli to pat her husband on his shoulder.

"My only working theory is that Goku must have taught Gohan how to perform the Kaiōken either during the coming three years before Androids 19 and 20's appearance near South City or when he was training with Gohan in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber when he was preparing for the Cell Games. Either if these theories drew them to the conclusion that Videl may have learned it from Gohan." Master Roshi theorized.

Tien remarked, "That sounds possible, but there are two factors to consider. Regardless of his power at the time, Gohan would have been too young to handle the taxes his body would have suffered by using the Kaiōken, and that's before he transformed."

"And I'm guessing that the kid turning Super Saiyan pretty much puts that trick to shame, right?" Lazuli inquired.

"Yeah, pretty much," Krillin nodded to his wife. "While Goku gave me the details of the risk-reward aspect of the Super Saiyan form, going blond essentially trumps the Kaiōken given that the benefits of Super Saiyan's tremendous power outweigh the crippling risk of stacking too many multipliers of the Kaiōken."

Lazuli narrowed her eyes, questioning, "Wait, what do you mean by crippling risk?"

"If one were to go beyond what their body could normally withstand by using too many Kaiōken amplifiers, it would yield life-threatening consequences to the users' body. Possibly leading to their death." Master Roshi answered grimly, leaving C-18 speechless.

"Regardless of how the girl was able to learn the Kaiōken, it is still impressive for Videl to have the ability to use it with such proficiency. Hopefully, Gohan warned her about the ramifications of overusing that technique. She appears to be quite the reckless fighter." Tenshinhan stated as he and the others watched the girl enter the elevator and head to the Fighter's Box of Battle Island II.