Strange Woman/Man

I got home on foot. Feet aching, everything else was breaking. Luckily, my parents weren’t home and the door was unlocked. I guess they opened it for me when I was actually supposed to come home, even though they knew I could magically open it. My parents thought it would be safe to unlock it for me so no one would see me do it. Parents were always safe-mandatory these days, it made me pull my hair out.

I opened my back door and noticed some puddles of blood on the floor. My parents never did clean after themselves when they ate raw lamb and birds. When I was young, it sickened me to see all the carcasses and heads of the animals. It made me puke the first time I saw it when I was 4. I got over it in a couple of years. It’s only natural for werewolves to eat raw. It wasn’t their fault, though. They just really loved meat so much, it scared me a little.

I tried not to step on any of the blood puddles as I tip-toed through the kitchen, acting as if the blood would poison me if I touched it. I got to my bedroom, flung my bag on the floor, and slammed the door until a part of it almost came off. I sat myself on my bed and started drawing on some paper. I always drew pictures of a different place when I was like this. I drew pictures of my very own place that I dreamed of getting to someday before I die. It was on a big, fluffy cloud with a castle ruling the whole city. The people were freaks like me. There were magicians, fire-tamers, werewolves, vampires, witches, and others like me. When I drew my city, I felt right where I was supposed to be.

Although when I stopped, the whole world came back to me, as if to tell me that I’ll never see my imaginary world... My drawings were always pinned or “magically” stuck up in the ceiling, the drawings’ faces staring down at me, as if they were in confusion to why they were up there. I jumped onto my bed and looked up at my ceiling, gazing up at my imaginary academy I drew, gazing up at the drawings as if they were stars in the sky.

My parents worked over time, so it didn’t matter to them if I came home early or skipped school. It just didn’t occur to them that I could be skipping school or doing something juvenile. Then again, it felt really great not having to deal with your parents, considering that they are wolves and look at you with hunger written all over their mouths. Click! I heard from the front door. My parents aren’t supposed to come at this hour. You know how doctors are with the pregnancies and illnesses.

I crept up to the door to check who it was. It wasn’t anyone I knew. I jumped in fright and ran back to my room and locked it. How could anyone break into my house? Did I leave the door open? Did someone have the same powers as me and break the door open? Or did they just bust it down? These questions raced through my head and nearly drowned me. It made my head dizzy and confused.

I made a circle with my hands and put them on my door. I batted my eyes twice and looked into my hands. This granted me vision to look through solid objects. It becomes useful when you want to know what you got on a test or the answers to one.

I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. A man, or maybe it was a woman, dressed in all black was looking around my house. Their face was covered and only their maroon eyes could be seen from a distance. The stranger was tall and looked like he or she was in his or her 20’s. The person was a bit scrawny for their size, but looked as if they was about to step into the red carpet. They stood out from everything like a piece of darkness amongst the sky.

The person looked around and suddenly noticed that the door of my room had breathing behind it. The stranger stepped closer and closer to my door. I stepped away and hid under my covers. The door clicked open and the stranger walked in. “Laona, Kyra," the voice bellowed. It sounded like a woman’s voice, so I guessed that it was a woman who was speaking to me.

I got out of the covers to see who was talking to me. A woman appeared into my line of vision. She was on the short side and looked like a spy in a dress. Her face was covered with a veil and I could only see the woman’s eyes. Her dark, maroon eyes. Her pupils weren’t normal looking. No, she had eyes just like mine. Eyes that had a large slit-like pupil to see. She was one of my kind. She was a freak. Just like me.