My peace was short lived, however, as the sliding was opened and Jimin's voice broke the silence.

"Guuuuuys I'm hungry" he sounded so sad.

I chuckled into Yoongi's chest and pushed myself up off the floor.

"Come on, I brought sushi, remember?" I scratched his ears and his eyes closed in contentment.

Jimin went back inside and I followed him, leaving Yoongi to shift back in private. Hobi was sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table, ready as ever to dig in. I noticed the movie they picked was Pirates of The Caribbean, interesting choice.

Settling myself into the couch, Jimin joined Hobi on the floor, they had a prime eating position. After a little while, Yoongi made an appearance and sat next to me on the couch. We played the movie and dug in.

As messed up as it sounded, it kind of felt like me and Yoongi were mum and dad, and Jimin and Hobi were the kids, and we were this happy little family having dinner together. I laughed at myself and my stupid brain.

Although I felt so happy sitting here with my pack, my mind couldn't stop wandering to Jin. I wondered if he was ok, if he was moving right now. What kind of hybrid did he have? I didn't even ask - is that rude? Did they finish the sushi?

"How was your lunch?" Yoongi asked quietly.

"It was alright, turns out Jin's actually moving away" I said, poking at my food.
"So I guess you don't need to worry about his hybrid anymore" I chuckled dryly.

Yoongi frowned at this, pushing his piece of sushi around on the plate with his chopsticks. The other two were still watching the movie, but I could tell they were listening in by the way their ears kept twitching towards us.

"Did he say why?" He finally asked.

"Just said he ran into some issues" I sighed. "I hope he's ok. He said he didn't even have a phone"

Yoongi lifted his arm up and wrapped it around my shoulders, rubbing soothingly. I leaned my head against him and soaked up his warmth.

"I'm sure he's ok. If he really wasn't ok, you probably wouldn't have even seen him today, right?"

I nodded and hummed. That was probably right. If things were really bad, he probably would have already left without saying goodbye. His clothes still looked clean and intact, his hair was washed, he had meat on his bones, things couldn't have gotten too bad for him.

Yet.

I just wanted to stop thinking about everything and cuddle my hybrids to sleep. I just wanted to be surrounded by their warmth and hold them close. I put my plate on the coffee table and brought my legs up to cuddle myself into Yoongi's side, not caring about the movie anymore.

He seemed a little surprised, but quickly wrapped both his arms around me and held me. Maybe he could smell my sadness.

I closed my eyes and let my mind wander. I vaguely felt a blanket being placed over me, before I was drifting off to sleep.

Yoongi POV

I couldn't help but wonder about Jin. Although I definitely wasn't happy that he came anywhere near my person, I also knew that he didn't and wouldn't try anything. I also sympathised with him, I knew how hard it was to survive on the streets. He was doing everything he could to help his pack.

When Y/N cuddled into my side on the couch, I was surprised to say the least. The shock wore off after a second and was replaced with happiness. She was finally getting comfortable enough with us that she initiated intimacy.

I wasted no time in wrapping my arms around her to hold her close. The smells of anxiety, stress, fear, and worry were wafting into my nostrils and it made my heart twist a little. I didn't want my person to feel sad.

Sure, hybrids were made to depend on humans, craving their touch, their approval, needing to rely on them all the time. However the human side of us was still there. I still felt the intense need to protect, to keep safe, and to take care of Y/N.

I wanted to protect her from all of the scary things that she had to deal with when she walked out the front door. Protect her from the harshness of the outside world, the way that I wanted to protect my pack.

She is my pack now. Y/N is part of my pack, and I will keep her safe.

A/N: I have employed a new method: write a chapter, post a chaper.
I'm a few chapters ahead, so when I complete a new one, I post one. Ta DA.