Chapter Forty-Four

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to be so rough with them," Anakin mumbled under his breath from in-front of us.

'We're fine,' I assured him, but he gave me no response. All I heard was him take a deep breath before we continued on.

The walk up to the palace gates took us about fifteen minutes from where we landed the ship, and during the journey, Ahsoka and I had already broken into a sweat. The weather here was hot and humid, almost like we were in a desert, "Are we almost there, the sun is beating down on me." Ahsoka complained.

"Did I say you could talk slave?" Kenobi yelled, taking us by surprise. At first we thought he was being too much, but when we noticed the palace guard not far from us, we understood his hostile tone. We were definitely in ear shot of them.

"Halt," One of the guards jumped down from atop a wall and landed in-front of my Master and Artoo who was wheeling close by him, "What is your business here?" He asked, holding a weapon towards Anakin's face.

My Master's lips tugged into a smirk, "I am King Lars of Byss, here to bring the Queen a few gifts," He turned and gestured to Ahsoka and I, his eyes lingering on mine for a few seconds before he shifted his gaze to the Zygerrian, "As a show of good faith of course. I merely wish to speak with her."

"And why should we let you?" The Zygerrian asked with a scoff.

"I hear the Queen is looking for a King to rule by her side — a submissive King who will not dare step into her light," He added with a familiar smirk, "A role I would be happy to fill. And these fine, obedient slaves are only a taste of the treasures I can bring into her life." The way he spoke was so... seductive and alluring.

It made me want to throw something at him.

The Zygerrian shared a look between a few of the others, before another stepped forward and whispered into the ear of the one who approached us. He rolled his eyes and looked at Anakin, "Apparently the Queen would like to meet you, follow me." He motioned for us to walk through the gates that were now opening.

At first I was wondering how she even knew we were here, but upon looking up, I noticed a droid above us hovering — then it clicked. She was watching us the whole time, meaning she heard every doting word that left Anakin's lips, and she's interested.

What if she kisses him? Or worse, what if they sleep together? No that wouldn't happen. He wouldn't go that far... would he?

I felt a twist in my gut that I tried to ignore.

Why do I even care? No, I don't care, I don't, I'm just overthinking.

"You okay? You look... uneasy?" Ahsoka whispered.

I pulled myself away from my annoying thoughts and nodded quickly, "Yup, totally fine. Never been better." I smiled.

She furrowed her brows at my eagerness before looking ahead at where we were going, "If you say so," She sang quietly.

After walking through the palace that felt never-ending, the Zygerrian soldiers pushed open a set of heavy doors that led into what looked to be a throne room. And there sitting on a throne was a Zygerrian woman, beautiful in her societies standards, but nothing special to me—

"I was told you were beautiful, but words simply do not do you justice your highness," Anakin bowed, which was a cue for the rest of us to bow as well, and I couldn't help but glare at him as I did so, "You are breathtaking."

'You are breathtaking', I mocked — shut up.

'Is that jealousy I hear?' He responded to a thought I was unsure he would hear or not.