Chapter 5: Training and Encounters

Почніть із самого початку

"I don't think there is anything to talk about us." I responded before turning around and heading towards the arena. I was suddenly stopped by Annabeth grabbing me by my arm. "What do you mean by it? There is a lot to talk about." 

"There is nothing because we aren't a thing anymore. You left it clear as water yesterday when you broke up with me. I can't talk to you Annabeth. I need time to get ahold of myself before talking to you again. But I am gonna tell you this before anything so you don't gain any hopes. I don't plan on giving 'us' another chance after what you said to me yesterday." With that, I just turned around and headed to the arena, not before noticing how the small amount of hope in her eyes slowly disappeared and leave her broken. 

Now, people may call me an idiot or a-hole, but I don't plan on sacrificing anymore for someone who doesn't reciprocate. She may hate me, but she was a bit oblivious if she thought I would go back with her after what she said to me. As my mind went around these thoughts I arrived at the arena where Artemis was waiting for me. 

The moment she saw me, her expression changed from bored to worried. After I saw her expression I noticed that my eyes were wet and close to dropping tears. I blinked a few times to gain hold of them before taking a few breaths to calm myself. I opened them and I felt better, I felt hope once again. One of the benefits of being a child of Hestia: Never losing hope and transferring it to others. 

"Alright, are you ready to start?" I asked Artemis trying to lift up the tension in the air. She nodded and went to grab her gear. "So, how do you use them?" She asked. "I have no idea but maybe they work just like Riptide?" 

"Alright. Why don't you just go ahead and slapped them? Just like Thalia slaps her wrist with her shield." Artemis pointed out making a fair point. I nodded and decided to slap my right wrist before being electrocuted making me almost lose consciousness. Artemis saw this and immediately got by my side trying to keep me on my feet. "Can you please get me some water? I'll be fine." I half-consciously say as I got hold of myself. She nodded and brought a water bottle from her bag. I opened it and drank a mouth full of water and splash some in my face and I was back as new. 

"Okay, slapping them doesn't work." I responded as I take another look at them. "What was that? You got electrocuted and were about to faint." She replied while looking at me as if I was about to die. "I believe is some type of self-defense mechanism if they hit me in the bracelets. Which is something good to know." I responded as Artemis looks at me with a curious face not believing what I just said. 

"I know I don't portray the typical dumb son of Poseidon, but I just never really wanted to show that I can properly think and make suggestions due to my fear of Zeus killing me for how powerful I really am." I say to her as I flick my wrist. Fortunately this time I didn't get shocked, but on the bad side, nothing happened. At my movement, Artemis flinch and just look at me waiting for something to happen, but she saw my expression and just calmed down. 

"What if you just think about it?"

"What?" 

"Yeah, I mean it like how we gods think about our weapons and they just appeared. We don't carry them, we just think about them and they appeared in our hands." Artemis stated. "Okay, let me try it then." At that moment I thought about a simple bronze dagger. In less than a second, my bracelet liquified and started moving up my hand and into the air forming a perfect and balanced bronze dagger. Everything was made out of bronze, including the handle, which surprisingly was made for my grip and comfortable enough like leather or any other material used for grips. 

I looked towards Artemis with my eyes wide and amazement written all over my face. I could see amazement and curiosity on her face. The entire action of the bracelets transforming into a dagger took less than half a second according to Artemis, but for me, it looked like 5 seconds. We spend about half an hour summoning all different types of weapons and even found out that I could summon a bow(not like it's gonna help me a bunch since I can't use one).