NEW START

I left my low paying job. I was working in a beauty parlour situated in Seoul. I worked overtime as a makeup artist but my payment was not up to the mark to meet ends in this expensive city.

I left my parents house as they didn't support my career. So, now I live in a goshiwon.

I sat on my bed at night, after quitting the job having existential crisis

I sat on my bed at night, after quitting the job having existential crisis. Not having family support is hard financially and emotionally. I looked outside the window watching the city view buzzing with people.

I need to change my life. I am passionate about make up but my jobs are not passionate enough to fulfill me. So I opened my laptop and started searching through some job offers. After searching through some offers, I clicked on a well known Kpop company HYBE.

There was a job opening as a makeup artist in HYBE. Without any single thought I sent my resume. It is a paying job as the employee had to spend most of their time working and they are really paying well.

Sighing I closed my laptop. It was hard to get in HYBE. So I applied in different companies. I slept without knowing how will I pay this month's rent.

The sun peeked in through the window. I opened my eyes hesitant to start my today's day as I had nothing to do. So I slept again. I woke up at noon as my door started banging. I swept off the bed and opened the door. It was my friendly neighbor and she had bought some breakfast from the common kitchen.

"I was worried for you. Why didn't you come for breakfast ?"

" Aunty I am not feeling well" I lied to her. I am very upset about my life.

"I have bought some ramen."

"Thanks aunty."

I placed the hot ramen on the table and opened my laptop. I got a notification from HYBE. I first thought they had rejected my application but when I reread, they have accepted my application.
OMG ! I almost spilled the hot ramen on my shirt.
And the interview going to start in half an hour. Well fuck this.

I ran off to my closet and removed the most fancy shirt and jeans. That's what I have. If I had known that I had a interview I would have borrowed a dress or at least rented it. I brushed my teeth, took a shower. I looked in the mirror, my eyes were swollen from sleeping too much. I put on some sun glasses to cover my eyes.

I ran to the metro which was luckily beside my goshiwon building. The train was packed. Tears were stinging my eyes out of nowhere. I was feeling lonely and this was a drastic change for me. I miss my parents. I need to get this job. I have to be confidence. Come on Y/n you are brave, let's get it.

I am standing in front of HYBE.

I forgot to take Xanax this morning

I forgot to take Xanax this morning. My stomach and throat is turning into knots. My mind is telling to turn back but my heart is telling to go inside. I have always listened to my mind but something changed. I listened to my heart this time that there was something inside there waiting for me, a whole new different world. So I stepped inside the building.