Hobi fiddled with his fingers and Jimin stared at his lap. I was still grasping tightly onto her wrist, stuck and unsure of what to do. I just wanted to hold onto her tight in case she disappeared.

"Is it..." her eyes widened a little. "Is it that hybrid? Can you smell it on me again?"

We all stared at each other, silently trying to figure out what to say. If we tell her it is the hybrid, she is going to be stressed, trying to figure out where it's coming from. She was so relaxed yesterday when we weren't hassling her about it, I didn't want to go back to square one.

"It is that isn't it" she said sadly. "I-I'm so sorry guys, I thought that problem was gone when you couldn't smell anything yesterday. And now today you're already feeling on edge and I've come home like this and- and- I.."

I let go of her wrist and took a step forward to hug her, but she quickly grabbed the bowl of soup and stepped backwards.

"I'm so sorry, I'll just be in my room" and she walked away, leaving us with the sound of her door closing.

My entire body felt like it was being torn apart. We were in a beautiful home, we were cared for, fed, clothed, had the freedom to do whatever we wanted in here, our owner was an angel from heaven, and we were screwing it all up.

She bought us a fucking cake to say sorry. What kind of owner does that? What kind of owner cares this much?

The bowls of soup were going cold, but none of us touched them. How could we eat when we could smell our human's tears, tears that were caused by us? We were stressing her out so much and she has been nothing but amazing to us.

It felt like we were sitting there in the kitching for hours, frozen and scared.

"I'm telling her" I decided, finally.

When I got no protests from my packmates, I walked determinedly to her room.

I know I promised Jin, but I decided that that promise was not worth more than our home. It was not worth more than our relationship with Y/N, our home with Y/N.

It was not worth the risk of losing this piece of happiness that we finally found after so long.

"Y/N, can I come in?" I knocked on her door.

I heard a sniffle, and a quiet 'yeah'. I mentally punched myself in the face, knowing that I caused her to be in pain like this.

Slowly opening the door, I found her curled up under the blankets, back facing me, soup untouched on her desk. My ears drooped even lower than they already were, and my tail was limp behind me.

"Y/N, I'm sorry- we're sorry" I walked up to her and got in the bed behind her.

I scooted up closer to her and brought my arm over her waist, pulling her into me. This was how I comforted my packmates when we were in the shelter. When they were scared, or sad, or just lonely and tired.

"W-why are you saying s-sorry. I'm the o-one that's screwing e-everything up" she choked out.

"No, no I promise it's not you. I'll explain everything" I lifted my arm from her waist and carefully rubbed a tear from her cheek, lifting my head up as well so that I could see what I was doing.

I nestled myself closer to her and returned my arm to wrap around her stomach. My tail wrapped around her leg.

"We aren't upset about the situation with your cycle, I'll just put that out there. There's nothing wrong with all of that" she just nodded in response.

"We could smell that hybrid on you today, and just with our heightened senses at the moment, it- it was just a bit of a shock"

"I thought that was it. I thought I got rid of that fucking scent and it wouldn't cause us any more problems, but it just- I just" she rambled.