"Shit- it's a hero! Scatter!" The horned thug yelled out to his colleagues. "Take the kid and go!!" They shouted once more before bolting off. This 'hero' glanced at Killua and his eyes widened seeing what looked to be a small boy around the age of fourteen or fifteen tied up in the hands of some low life villains. Killua was shoved to another one of the members, who grabbed him harshly by the arm and in a flash they disappeared from the alleyway.

The hero shouted, his voice ringing through the alley as he ran after the remaining thugs. All he could think about was how he let that kid go. He wasn't quick enough to jump in and save the poor teen, some hero he was.

—————

The mist surrounding Killua and his kidnapper ceased as he took a look around at his new surroundings.
'Did we just fucking teleport?!..this can't be nen..or else I would have sensed it by now' he thought to himself

They seemed to be in a closed off area, no windows whatsoever, the walls were made of stone and they seemed to be in a messy hall. The thug had opened a door to the side of the two, revealing a cramped and dusty room lined with two wooden benches on both sides. Sitting, or even laying on the benches were more children. Some were asleep, others eyes were red and puffy as they leaned back on the stone wall for support. Each and every one of them were tied up.

Killua was pushed into the room and shoved onto one of the benches beside this orange haired kid who seemed to be passed out. The light in the room quickly evaporated as the door to the cramped room slammed shut.

Killua waited a couple seconds before sharpening his hand and cutting himself loose from the restraints, along with the rope in his mouth. He had been about to sit up before there was a whisper from beside him

"Pssssttt...PSSSSSTTT"

"What the hell" he muttered quietly, looking for where the noise came from

"Over here moron!!" The voice whisper yelled once again. When Killua turned he was met with these beautifully Golden brown eyes. The boy he had been beside. He was pretty short and had messy orange hair. His outfit was simple, a white tee shirt and these light brown overalls. And by the looks of it he had been beaten up recently. His face was slightly bruised, along with his arms which had dried blood on them. Killua casually placed his hands in his pockets, eyeing the kid in front of him. He looked about the same age as Killua too, around 14 almost 15

"Do you mind helping me out with these?!" The orange haired kid motioned towards the ropes tied around his arms and legs

"Nah, in fact, I came here even though I could escape just to go on a little vacation, you know? Do some sight seeing maybe?" The albino said, the sentence reeking of sarcasm.

"Wait, really?" The shorter male replied with a confused look as Killua just sighed

"No you moron! I'm here to help out! Jesus you're clueless" in a swift movement the ropes around the other fell, indicating they had been cut. The boy stared in awe.

"Epic." He mumbled as he just looked at Killua with sparkles in his eyes. The boy shot up onto his feet, extending his hand and introducing himself "the name is Sakune! Sakune Masato! What about you?"

"Killua." Was all he responded with.

"What about a last name? You got one?" The boy seemed curious as he stood there watching as Killua walked around the room untying the ropes on the other kids there

"Yeah, I just don't feel like sharing it." Killua looked away, ashamed to call himself a zoldyck.

"That's fair, so, what's your quirk?" Killua looked back at Sakune, a quesioning expression on his face.

"My what?" He asked

"Your quirk, you know, like, your power?" Sakune stood and waited for a response from the white haired boy. Killua thought for a moment before responding

"I dont have one. That doesn't matter though, do you know anything about this place?" Killua stood up after untying the last kid and he turned to face Sakune

"Wait- you're quirkless?!?" He shouted, before shaking his head and getting back on track seeing the disapproving glare Killua sent. "Yeah I know some stuff, this is an underground arena, i've been here for around a week or so. The weirdo who owns the arena is a creep."

"Elaborate please."

"Right. He has these low life villains hired to kidnap kids, then they bring them here and force them to fight in the arena." Killua shuttered when he thought about it and his mind went right to hisoka. "Sometimes it's a battle to the death and other times it isn't, but if you lose a match you get in huge trouble."

"What kind of trouble?" He glanced at the smaller boys bruises and all the dried blood before looking back up and letting him continue

"The other day, I lost a match and the boss beat me. It wasn't that bad though, you get used to it!" He smiled. Though the smile was obviously forced. That, killua could tell for a fact. That was the smile of someone in pain.

Killua had been about to speak up when the two of them froze and their shoulders tensed as they heard footsteps outside the door. Sakune spoke silently to Killua telling him to hide right before he dropped to the floor and rolled under one of the benches, hunched close to the wall.

The door swung open, Killua still stood in the center of the room surrounded by cut ropes on the floor. There was a man standing in the door frame, Killua would have had his heart crushed in his hands by now if he weren't surrounded by children.

Words: 1751

It is currently 1:46 am and I can't stop reading fan fictions. Send help.