8. Broken Carousel

Start from the beginning

"Yeah I just... um, do I look okay?" He said with his arms hanging by his side waiting on Icy eyes to pick him apart. For the first time he would be thankful for that, he needed to look his best for Louis.

"Let's see," Niall hummed as he scanned the boy's appearance, "Hair is nice and curly, Louis likes that. Doesn't shut up about it actually. Your face is annoyingly perfect and your shirt is pink?"

"I like pink," Harry justified himself, blushing making his cheeks the same colour as his t-shirt.

Niall smiled, "Cute. I think you look good," he leant over the counter to peer down at Harry's footwear, because he knew what the date was and didn't want a shoe flying off. Instead of focusing on footwear,  he couldn't help but stare at Harry's tanned legs, "Fuck, Louis is going to love you! Ahahah!" He cackled.

"What? why? What have I done?"

"You're wearing short short and you're legs looking fucking amazing!" Niall gasped, "Fuck! I think I'm gay!"

"Niall I don't thi-"

"Quick get me a poster of some hot pop star! Where is Taylor Swift?" Chuckling, Harry watched the blonde boy rush around the shop. He stared in confusion at Niall's melodrama and giggled when he let out the biggest sigh. "Okay... I'm back to being straight now," Niall announced as he walked back over to the counter.

"Is being gay that bad?"

"No, No, No!" He panicked, "Definitely not, I just got confused for a moment. I don't think I'd be any good at being gay."

"You could easily pick up a boy if you wanted," Harry said nonchalantly, not expecting Niall's eyebrows to raise in surprise.

"Really?"

"Yep," Harry confirmed, "You've got the blue eyes, blonde hair look. You're bum is okay nothing compared to Louis' of course, but that's hard to beat. Oh! And you've got the accent. Accents are hot."

Just like Harry usually does, Niall blushed at all the compliments, then coughed away the slight embarrassment and moved the topic back to what he was suppose to mention, "Right then, Louis will meet you here at three! Be flirty, look sexy and," he looked over at Harry who nervously picked at his bottom lip, he sighed, "- just be you. Louis like you for you, so it whatever happens it will turn out great."

"Thank you," he said gratefully.

Despite Niall's calming words and the confidence boost he received, when the time came around for his date he was extremely nervous. Leaning against Crash Record's window, he took in deep breaths only to shakily exhale again a few second later. He was now doubting his outfit. Are his shorts too short? His hair to messy? Will Louis laugh at him for wearing pink? all those insecurities both sky rocketed and plummeted when he saw Louis stop a few feet in front of him with his jaw dropped. His blue eyes followed the curls of Harry's hair that were perfectly swooped, then admired the awkward smile that his pink lips displayed, they matched the colour of his blushing cheeks and pink shirt. Louis then trialed his eyes from Harry's broad shoulders to his denim shorts, his short denim short. Suddenly his breath was taken away when he slowly let his eyes trail down Harry's long lean legs that were now walking towards him.

"Hi," Harry greeted nervously.

Instantly, Louis wrapped an arm around Harry's waist, pulling him into a hug. "Hi," he murmured against Harry's skin as he placed a kiss on his blushing cheek. "You look great," he pulled away to admire Harry even more.