Chapter 18: Misadventures in Stageplay Sittin'

Remember the blond parasol lady, I mentioned in one of my early adventures in Inkwell, Sally Stageplay? She rang me on the phone and said she needed my help with something. Being the good friend that I am, I excused myself from my casino duties; and went down to help her. However, I swear to all the 7 circles of Hell, my mind was blown to bits when I found out that The Stageplays lived in a huge house, just in the heart of town.

"So this must be where she lives..." I thought.

Just then, I heard the sound of a baby giggling, and I was nearly met with a glass baby bottle on the head. It was one of the Stageplay twins. They may look cute on the surface, but they make more mischief than me and the cup brothers combined.

Suddenly a mustached man popped out of the window, with a curious look.

"Who is it, bambini?" Asked Mr. Stageplay holding his baby son, as he looked out the window.

I waved at him with an excited grin, then heard them running down the stairs. Soon the Stageplay family came to receive me at the door. I was foolish in thinking that I could take care of the twins on my own, I just didn't realize that yet.

"Ah, Cocoa Cup," Sally exclaimed, "Youse got here fast!"

Sally and Stanley went to explain that they wanted me to take care of their babies Evan and Allyssa Stageplay because they were going on a romantic dinner together. I took advantage to ask them why did they ambush me with their baby bottles.

"It's because their-a not-a used to-a strangers!" James Stageplay explained.

I looked at them with suspicion, but they just clapped their hands and laughed.

"Buh!" Evan babbled.

I sighed and smiled.

" You guys just can't help but be cute, can't you?" I told the little stageplays, as I picked them up. The Stageplays provided me with everything I could need, including fresh diapers, bottles, some plushies, milk, and a rattle.

"Alright, twinsies, your parents are going out for a while, but they won't be gone for very long. Do you wanna say goodbye?"

I brought them to the entrance of the house, and I said goodbye with the twins in my arms. Just when I thought this was going to be easy, they started mewling, while laying in my arms.