Chapter 5: On a Roll!

The next day the phone rang during the Devil's 7-hour bubble baths. The Devil groaned in annoyance, he hated being interrupted, especially during the times he relished in his diabolic luxuries. Still, he was curious to know who could be stupid enough to be calling him at this hour.

" Hello?" He groans.

" It's your number one, darlin', King Dice!"

Although Dice couldn't see it, a part of him knew he was smiling through the other side of the phone.

" Ah, Dicey. It's so good to hear your voice, good luck on today's show."

King Dice paused, as he felt his cheeks go red. He pulled out a mysterious card that showed a depiction of him and the Devil sitting on their knees and cradling a baby china hot cocoa mug in each of their arms, with a halo orb surrounding her body. They seem to be in a woodland setting with an apple tree, that one apple got taken a bite of. It also had a bearded man with white furious eyes. Below it, read:

THE ROCK

"Dice?" Asked the Devil on the other side. The conman nearly lost his grip on the phone but managed to grab it before it fell.

" Boss, our sweet Cocoa Cup, and those pesky china heads are coming to my live show!"

The Devil's eye's widened, with sudden surprise.

"REALLY?! TODAY?!"

"Yessir, and I think I know just what to do..."

Meanwhile, I joined up with the boys that afternoon, and we got there faster than time itself. Surely this was truly a night to remember.  We were fortunate enough to get front-row seats, and I was excited, yet cautious.

" Alright boys, this is the moment that we've been waiting for!" I said.

"Yeah, but we have to keep our eyes peeled, we promised to our friend we'd keep her safe," Mugman replied.

" Got it, Mugs!"

Suddenly the lights dimmed as the announcer belted out King Dice's name, as he entered scatting and dancing to a jazz riff on stage.

" Alright," he said, "who will be the first lucky contestant to roll the dice?!

The spotlight began scanning the audience, who were excited to be picked, but as fate would have it, the spotlight shone on me. I froze for a moment, but Cuphead and Mugman cheered me on.

"don't be shy darlin',  get on up here and roll the dice!" He said as he reached out his hand to me, as his eyes glowed a lime-ish color. 

I felt my eyes flash the same lime glare as him, for a moment before running upstage to meet him. I felt a sense of familiarity looking at him up close, but then again, I didn't know where.

"It's an honor to be in your game show, Mr. Dice!" I told him.

He smiled fondly but kept it together. He explained that if I passed 3 challenges, with ease, I got to go to the prize room. The three trials were: the Tune round, the Trivia round, and the Dice round.

"If you play your cards right," King Dice whispered off the mic, " I'll take you to someone that wants to meet you very much."

I was a bit unsettled, but seeing my two friends clapping and cheering for me, I decided to give it a shot.

" Bring it on, Dice!" 

He nodded in agreement.

"It's time for Name that Tune!" Dice announced, and shortly enough the card band began to play: