Chapter 1: To Start this Story Right

So let me introduce myself, my name is Cocoa Cup. I know you already jumped to a conclusion based on how sweet my name may sound to those who hear it, but let me say this one time, it isn't. I assume you must be having a lot of questions by now, but I'm feeling nice, so I assure you, I'll answer them all in good time. So without further ado, I'll start from the beginning as every story should.

My story began with my two dads. King Dice, and probably the proudest and most powerful being Inkwell has ever feasted its eyes on The Devil. I'm not surprised since he's a demon, that literally has the entire Isles' citizens running like headless chickens whenever he shows up. He goes by many names: Morningstar, Satan, Lucifer, Prince of Darkness, Old Scratch, Mr. S., Big D; whichever name, you call him, people tremble upon thinking or mentioning his name aloud. 

Then there's my other dad: King Dice; who according to the Devil, he took in; as an employee as a child, but they grew to be more than just that. It later became clear, that they were getting closer, with every passing day; even though they kept it professionally at all times, in the casino; they couldn't hide their mutual affection for each other, even the gang who worked in the casino, noticed the signs, I believe. However, if there is one of the qualities that made him known worldwide, was his pride and arrogance. Daddy Dice said that he tried to kick him out once, and regretted it a lot, but was too proud to admit what he did wrong.  

By the time Big D knew what he did was wrong (by some miracle, or whatever), he was sinking deeper into his misery. By then, he wasn't getting much of his casino duties done; he'd rather sit on the couch and eat vanilla ice cream all day.

 By then, he wasn't getting much of his casino duties done; he'd rather sit on the couch and eat vanilla ice cream all day

 If you thought this was heartbreaking, believe me, Dice didn't fare well either. This is why he started sending those cards with pink hearts on them.

One fateful night, the Devil sat awakened at his desk trying to figure out what they meant, but soon the realization came when one of the cards had the initials: K.D. Long story short the Devil spat every bit of feelings that he had for Dice. At first, he second-guessed his apology, but it all came to a head when he produced the card with the initials before him. Full disclosure: they got back because of that. 

 I won't go into the more intimate details, but all I know is my dads fooled around inside a mausoleum, where the Devil left a huge pentagram on the floor. I really doubted both of them expected this unknown "fertility ritual", to work out, but the result of that was only proven effective the next day. Daddy Dice came in with me in his arms, and for the first time, the Devil didn't reject the offspring, instead, he sat in his velvet bed, weeping with joy, as I leaned my little porcelain head, on his chest to rest.

" You mean... this is all mine...?" he asked, King Dice. To which he nodded as they both cried tears of joy. As you may expect there was a huge baby shower at the casino, and all the workers adored me from the moment they lay eyes on me, however, the origin of my name came from a comment from Pirrouletta.

" Look at how cute she is, her hair is as dark as cocoa!"

They looked at each other and decided that would be the perfect name for me. However the imps asked the Devil if I had any wings or horns, which left the Devil really angry, but Dice knew how to defuse the Morningstar's wrath.

" What the boss is tryna say is, she's young, but don't worry, she still has all the time in the world to blossom." Dice said, with a nervous smile, as they walked away, whilst the Devil glared at the imps while making the "I'm watching you" sign with both fingers pointing at his eyes.

At night, when everyone went to sleep, Dice placed me in the crib and sing a song until I fell asleep. It went something like this:

 From that moment on, everything seemed perfect... But that would soon come to an end... Suddenly a loud crash came from the windows, an imp rushed to the chambers in a panic.

"SIR, IT'S-"

"THE BABY!"

The two rushed to my room, only to find a cracked window, with the curtains bustling with the wind and an empty crib.

"Cocoa...!" Dice sobbed shakingly, as his knees met the ground.

The Devil felt all of the despair, and anger rising in his body. He was known to be always the one to cause pain, and suffering to the mortals, but now he was feeling what he most inflicted, in the form of a loud cry of despair. 

Meanwhile, I was placed under the doorstep of a diner, that was in the shape of a large milkshake. The owners of that diner, Casey and Cherril Cup were the first to answer the door and took me in willingly to raise me as their own, unbeknownst to them, for the Devil made a decree that if I'm not returned, back in one piece, he'll unleash the Armageddon on Inkwell....