Chapter 9: Gifts

Upon awakening again to the smell of Elder Kettle's pancakes, he told me he had an extraordinary task for me. Out of curiosity, I decided to ask him what it was.

"Please, not the fence," Mugman prayed, "Please, not the fence!"

" Would you be a darlin' and check the mailbox?"

I gulped down the last of my pancakes and hopped out of the chair, I was sitting in.

" C'mon boys, let's see if maybe the new edition of "Adventure Comix" has arrived yet.

With that being said, the brothers and I rushed to the mailbox whooping like crazy. But all we could find in the mail, however, was a letter from The Baroness sisters. It explained that a new law was established in Sugarland: That all of the people of the nation can have all the candy they need and want, despite their class differences. It also said that Baroness von Bonbon's sister, sucre has spoken highly of "the girl with cocoa hair", and that the two would like to see us again sometime.

"Oh, and there's a letter with a five-point star on it," Cuphead added, after shuffling his hand in the mailbox.

My blood went cold when Cuphead made this statement. Mugman kept on examining the envelope.

"Hmmm, it also has a blood red lettering in a language, I can't make out.

I knew trouble was cooking if that envelope remained in mortal hands. Especially after the first letter, my parents sent me So I plucked up the courage, and opened the black envelope. The message was informing me of my family reunion in my father's kingdom. I was ecstatic, I was finally going to see my uncles and aunts from different parts of Hell, but at the same time, I worried they would judge me because I lacked demonic features.

"But hey, if they ever hurt ya feelings, we'll kick their tall cat butts, out of Hell, sweetheart." Cuphead's tone was energetic as ever.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself," I replied.

I turned to leave for the Casino, but Cuphead stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Wait..."

I turned to see what he wanted, and the next thing I knew, he surprised me with a kiss, while he placed his hand over his heart. Mugman joined in as he also kissed me on the hand, they were truly what you could call gentlemen.

" Do what you need to do, we'll be right here when you'll get back." He said.

With that being said, I snapped my fingers and changed into my casino outfit, and curtsied as the boys applauded my new trick.

Entering the Casino, I saw the imps were bustling with cocktails and liquor, even Stickler (the one demon in Hell that Everyone Hates), had a suit on. He caught sight of me, shortly, and greeted me like royalty, which makes sense since I'm the daughter of the Morningstar, king of Hell.

" Ah, miss Cocoa. Shall I escort you to the elevator?" Stickler asked as he bowed.

As much as I was annoyed by Stickler's chivalry, I couldn't say no to a kind gesture like that.

"Stickler, you don't have to bow," I said," and yes you may escort me to the elevator."

Stickler didn't say anything for a while but smiled.

" Your humility has no limits, young lady. Come."

As soon as I entered the place I was expected to be, boy, oh, boy; It was one hell of a party down there.

" Ah, glorious, my daughter has arrived," Lucifer said, showing me off, to the others.

As I expected all of the major demons, mentioned in the Ars Goetia were there, and they couldn't stop bragging to me, about how grown up, I've gotten, and beautiful too.