10.

I wake up screaming along with Hannah's alarm clock.

    "Lillian!" she yells along with me. She grabs onto my arms and shushes me. "It's okay. It's okay," she repeats over and over again. I open my eyes and see that I'm safe in Hannah's bed. I stop screaming and try to calm my intense breathing.

    The events of yesterday must have triggered the nightmare. I lay still in her bed for a while as Hannah cuddles and soothes me. Half an hour goes by and I start to feel better. Hannah's familiar with the nightmares, so she knows exactly what to do.

    "I've never been so exhausted in my life," I say while yawning, starting to feel calm again.

    "I don't blame you," Hannah says as she gets out of bed and stretches. "You had an emotional night."

    "Don't remind me," I groan. "Now I have to deal with another class today."

    "You'll be okay," she says as she brushes her hair and looks for an outfit to wear. "Just focus on the class and remember what we talked about last night."

    I sigh and nod. "I guess I should get back to my dorm to get ready for class," I say as I get out of bed. My whole body aches.

    "Okay, try to have a good day. Text me if you need anything," Hannah says with a smile.

    "Oh, I forgot to ask you," I say. "Do you want to come to my friend's concert tonight?"

    She shrugs. "Sure. Who's your friend?"

    "Asher, he's the leader of the Dissidents," I say. "He's in a band, and they're having a concert at the stadium tonight. I figured I could use the distraction... As did he. The rest of my new friends will be there so you can meet them."

    "Sure, sounds fun!" She says while getting changed. "Text me the info later and we can get ready together!"

    "Ahh," I sigh. "Just like back in Cali."

    She winks and we both laugh.

    I get back to my dorm and decide to take another shower. This can't be healthy. I think to myself. This time, I just blare my music while I shower since Mia is away at class.

I leave my razor hidden.

    I get dressed in a pair of jeans and a navy blue sleeveless shirt and slide my beat-up sneakers onto my feet. I dry my hair and flat-iron it and put on my usual makeup. I look at my phone, it's almost time for class. I take a deep breath. You can do this, Lil.

    My stomach starts to ache as I find myself back in the learning commons. Students are scattered around, minding their own business. I feel like everyone is watching me and get a strong urge to turn around and run back to my apartment. I take an extremely deep breath, let it out, and make my way to the classroom, still using my schedule as a guide. I eventually find my way to class, a few minutes late.

    "-And if I find any of you breaking these rules, I will fail you immediately!"

    I walk in to see my professor practically screeching at the class, most of their eyes are wide while some of them are lightly giggling amongst themselves.

    The professor turns to look at me. "Aha! Looks like we have our first rule-breaker, ladies and gentlemen," she points at me. She reads off a list she's holding and looks down at it through her out-dated glasses. "Rule number eight, never be late to class!"

    "Uhh... I'm sorry, I couldn't find my way to the classroom," I mutter.

    "All the classes are numbered! How could you not find it?"