23.

The weeks fly by while healing at home. Hannah's been over almost every day. I've been given the privilege to have sleepovers at her house too by making sure to do everything that Dr. Redding has wanted me to, including our weekly check-ins and therapy appointments over the phone. I have maintained a stable relationship with my parents; they've been making sure to include me in more things and I have kept them updated with how I'm doing. We even went on a trip as a family to Los Angeles the other day, my favorite city; I like to visit as often as I can. The environment of LA made me miss the environment of Seattle, which made me miss school, my friends, and Asher... Who I still have yet to hear from. I've been leaving him messages and texts, but no answer.

    What nobody knows, though, is that ever since I've had my phone privilege that one time at the hospital and talked to Mia, she's been working behind the scenes at school. I haven't talked to her since that one time though at the hospital - since my parents go through my phone calls and texts. I don't want them knowing about what I could be getting myself back into when I go to school. Mia told me that she will tell me everything when I get back; which is in one day. All I do to prepare her is send her a text that I'm finally on my way back. And yes, I got my stinky cast taken off and finally feel free. It felt so good to wash my arm for the first time in what feels like forever, even though it's still sore.

    I look in the bathroom mirror after my nighttime shower and see that my hair has overgrown from no maintenance to it over the past few months. My light brown roots come in by the inches and my bleached ends are dull. Hannah comes in and sees my concentration in the mirror and the picking at my split ends. She crosses her arms and leans next to me against the sink.

"Wanna fix that?"

    A run to the drug store and lots of time painting my hair passes by and before I know it, Hannah's drying my new hair. She makes sure I haven't looked at it. She turns me around to the mirror and my face is surrounded with dark strands from where my blonde hair used to be. I lightly gasp, as it almost looks like Evelyn is looking right back at me in the mirror. My eyes well up with tears as I've never really realized our resemblance. We've always had the same bright blue eyes, but our noses and hair color were always what made us distinguished. Other than that, well, we're definitely sisters.

    Hannah sleeps soundlessly next to me while my mind travels through the late hours of the night. I can't help but think of my last night away at school. I made so many amazing and terrible memories in just a few short hours. Hannah and I got into our best punk looks for Asher's show, which in of itself was a fantastic experience. The adrenaline - the pushing and shoving of my friends to the music... Even getting a bloody nose was a great memory. I got to get a breathtaking kiss from Asher that just made the whole world and time stop. I got to learn more about him; that tall, lanky boy with the chestnut brown hair and green eyes loves to cook and has issues with his mom.

    How things took such a sharp turn for the worst that night, is still an anomaly to me. How does Hazel tie into this and how did she know my sister? Evelyn would have told me about her, but I still wish I could go back in time to when I last spoke to Evie - during my short death - and ask her why she would hide a friendship.

    This night couldn't go by any slower. I need answers, and this constant tornado of thoughts in my head isn't going to get me anywhere. I turn over onto my back and let out a long sigh. I wonder how Theo is doing, I even wonder how Tess is doing as well. I haven't heard from Theo since I've been home and I keep thinking of his offer; I know where he lives. I quietly chuckle at his proposal to me. He didn't and still doesn't know that I have an interest in someone else back at school, who I plan on being with for a while. That is, if he'll ever contact me.