Chapter Two

*The Next Day*

*******

"Mil lady?"

It's morning already?

"Come in."

My maid comes in, with a plate of food. Training all those years, took a toll on me. For I have forgotten what it's like to be a royal.

"Hurry and eat Mil lady, a bath is being ready for you."

I ate as much as I could, before my maid practically pushed me into my washroom. The warm water and scented oils did wonders on my stressed and over worked body.

"Madam? Are you finished? Your father is waiting."

I slipped on the robe and sat down at my vanity, while the maid began on my hair. All she did was dry it and let it naturally flow down my back.

"Now what does the king wish I wear now?"

The maid smiles and goes into my ridicules sized closet. And picks a light blue dress, which she helps me into.

*

I had taken an hour for me to get ready, if there wasn't a need for my presents. I would have still been sleeping. The light blue dress is nothing fancy, the only real detail is the outer rims of it. Same as my night gown it follows my hands as they move.

"Madam, I fancy you and that boy from last night. I picked this out specially bec..."

"Oh my lovely maid, do tell me. Is Thor here?"

She smiles and nods her head yes, to my joy and excitement. She was finished making me look presentable. She bowed her head in respect and left the room, I lay flat on my bed. Waiting for another maid, or my father to call me down to the meeting. I don't understand how a royals system actual works, however I have seem to just go with it. It usually works out in the en

(Knock, knock)

"Come in."

I turn to my nightstand, and there in the draw lies my mother's secret dagger. Now being a royal I must have some sort of protection, rather than a sword. Which I'm not allowed to bare in this palace under my father's ruling.

"Just a minute father."

I say placing the dagger in the hemline of my dress.

"Oh"

I said looking up, instead of my father or a maid. It was Thor, standing in my doorway with honor.

"Why Phoebe, goddess of the moon. Will you satisfy me now?"

He says with a grin on his face.

"Why heavens no, that is very unlady like of me."

"Why heavens yes, given though I've seen but a bit of your legs."

He says bring me closer to him, his lips just inches away from mine.

"My father is waiting."

He looks down in defeat, then settles on a kiss on my forehead.

"At least let me be gentlemen and assort you to your father."

"You may."

*

My father, like always is sitting on his throne. However this time, it is moved, instead of being in its regular spot. Its placed in the middle of the room, in its meeting spot. I go straight to my father and kiss his cheek, taking my seat at his right. This was the spot of my mother, it's an honor to be here. My father has kept his loyalty to my desisted mother and left her place for me. Now what would be of my father if I was to be married and shipped away to my future husbands kingdom. How would my father feel?