Chapter One

My name is Phoebe, my father is the king Vanaheim. Ever since I was a child, forces among my family's heritage were threatened. My mother died in the battle field, which is what hit my family the most. Until I was called upon from my unit on the battle front, I had followed my mother's footsteps. Like my father wanted me to. But I had received a letter that my father wanted me to return home, back to the kingdom. He wanted me away from the battle, part of me feels like he threw me into the war because I reminded him to much of mother. But he wants to see me, after the 10 years...I will finally see my father. Have I told you, whoever you may be...that I was sent when I was only 11 years of age. Did I mention I am also the moon goddess? I follow in my mother's footsteps with that as well. My father doesn't have a title like most reals. But he is king, and he only goes by father for me. 

*

I had arrived, and might I say that these gowns I had not missed. The fabric of this dress was annoying. I would rather have worn pants, but my advisor had given me this dress for he had said "This is your party, and you need to dress to impress." My only response was a simple nod, but deep down I would rather have said something smart and clever. But alas, he had shoved me into a carriage and I was on my way to the castle in which I grew up in.

The sky high towers still seem large, but that didn't matter. I had guards by my side as I walked down the gate. My father was not out waiting for me like I had predicated. I instead saw some of my fellow war member bow down and greet me. Had all those years in war really done this to me? I was not accustom to such greetings...

*

My father had not arrived, and so an elder maid had brought me to my old room to change. To refresh myself, the dress given to me was but a mere traveling gown. Damn it all. I bathed, taking away all the stress from years of fighting. And I was instead soaked with scented oils.

*

"Finally my daughter has returned home from all her hard work and determination. Let us rejoice as for our princess has returned."

Clapping and a bit of yelling had come from all around the room. I kept my smile on my face, however the pain in my feet were driving me insane. My father then took my hand and continued to greet everyone in the room. Some faces I recognized, however some were new faces.

*

The last people we met were my father's old friends. And their son, might I say looks handsome.

"Ah Phoebe you have finally returned."

The handsome god says while holding my hand, gently kissing it.

"And you must be?"

The god looks confused, as if I'm supposed to recognize him.

"Pardon my rudeness, I am Thor, god of thunder. And what might you be the goddess of."

He asked pushing me away from our parents little social circle.

" Phoebe, Goddess of the moon."

I replied tilting my head bowing in respect.

"Hmm, why don't we go take a little walk around the palace?"

"I would be honored."

His smile grew, something was going on around here. He offered me his shoulder, and we gracefully exited the party.

*

He lead me to the garden, or more so the balcony above the garden. I leaned against it, closed my eyes and breathed. My first night back.

"It's a bit warm out here don't you think."

Thor whispered softly in my ear, he gently uncovered my overdress. Reveling my nightgown. Yes I was hoping to sleep early tonight, but I guess I won't be able to. What shocked me was how quickly he moved, he began kissing my shoulder. With ease and care.

"Thor, it's not lady like of me to do this."

He instantly stopped, however he didn't back away. He just leaned over the balcony as well.

"I'm guessing your father didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what."

He just stared off into space, I knew the only way to get an answer from him would be to suede him.

"Now Thor, what isn't my father telling me?"

I said whispering in his ear, stoking his neck.

"Why is it so important that it made you hesitant?"

I moaned into his other ear, I felt his body tense. My plan was working.

"Well I guess I have done my best."

I began walking away, my nightdress falling down following my arms every move.

"Will you leave me so unsatisfied?"

I said in the doorway, as soon as I turned. I was forced back onto the balcony,

"Oh the small tricks you play, and you say I leave you unsatisfied?"

"My gods, I made a mess of things."

I said with a flirtatious smile. Pushing the golden hair that was covering his face.

"Right you have. Care to clean it up?"

"I wouldn't dream of it."

Leaning in for a small kiss on his cheek.

Moving away from his radiant body, I begin to leave the room again.

"When will I see you again, Thor, god of thunder?"

"Tomorrow, our fathers have business to attend."

"Very well, then I may turn in without leaving you unsatisfied."

"Sweet dreams Phoebe , goddess of the moon."