———————————————————

We reached the battle just in time to see the demoness use her blood technique;

"Blood Demon Art: Eight-Layered Obi Slash!"

I landed on a nearby building, thankfully without the her noticing.

Inosuke, on the other hand, was not having it.

"OI, WOMAN! FIGHT ME!"

There went the author's "sneaky surprise attack" plan.

The demoness flinched, facing the new threat(s). And within that moment of distraction, Tanjiro struck her neck.

Right before being slashed, she disconnected her neck from her body, leaving only a thin— but flexible— obi connecting the two parts.

She giggled, "Nice try, little pests, but my head won't be taken by the likes of you!"

Only then, I noticed something wrong. A gut feeling told me to interrupt the fight, but I couldn't move.

Due to lack of concentration, my wings slowly deformed, leaving my back bare.

(Good thing Zenitsu was asleep. And not a fish— those bastards sleep with their eyes open.)

"Tanjiro..." I grit my teeth, "he—"

"HIS EYES ARE RED! IS HE TURNING INTO A DEMON TOO?" Inosuke jumped up and down, itching to join the fight as soon as the opportunity comes.

"NO!" I smacked his head with a chop, "HE ISN'T BREATHING!"

"WELL, THEN JUST TELL HIM TO BREATHE!"

"NOT WHEN HE'S TEZUKA-ZONED INTO THE GODDAMN FIGHT"

"You—!" Inosuke whipped around.

Tanjiro slashed 13 obis to the side, and stabbed them into the ground. Then, he released flames onto his sword and went for her neck.

The speed was far too quick for me to grasp the details of, but before he reached her neck, Tanjiro fell over, losing all the strength he previously held. He coughed blood onto the ground, and seemed to finally breathe. Or, rather, gasp for air.

The three of us did not wait any longer, as the demoness stood in shock of what happened.

Insouke jumped towards the demon, slashing both swords at Daki's feet.

Zenitsu went for her obi's, which threatened to stab Tanjiro.

At the same moment, Nezuko jumped out of her box and kicked the Upper Moon's head in the opposite direction.

As soon as she was down on the other side of the roof, I didn't hesitate to trap her in a huge block of ice. With this spare time, I rushed to Tanjiro's side and cupped his face in my hands.

"Look what happened to you!" I scolded, making sure his eyes are alright. "And you're the one who said it was 'tOo dAngErous tO fiGht tHe dEmon aLone' YOU—"

"OI! YOU DIDNT COME AS PROMISED!" Inosuke yelled, smacking him with his foot.

"I-i'm sorry!" Tanjiro rasped, voice shaken from the sudden gain of oxygen. "She was attacking Koinatsu-san and I—!"

"No buts!" I was unfazed when the demoness broke through the ice— i was confident enough for the three to fight her off as I scolded this dumb ray of sunshine. "Plus, don't think I didn't notice you stopped breathing during that fight! You know you can lean on us a bit, right?!"

My glare showed him that I did not accept any answer except for one.

"I-i'm sorry." He mumbled.

I slapped his back, causing him to flinch. "That's more like it! Now get Nezuko to calm the fuck down, she's Girlbossing a bit too hard right now."

It was true— Nezuko lost control of her demon side, and began attacking Daki without the concern for Inosuke or Zenitsu's wellbeings. She viewed it as a one-on-one between her and the demon.

Soon enough, due to recklessness, she was sent flying towards the ground, completely cut in half.

"Serves you right!" Daki laughed, unfazed by the demon slayer's swords slashing at her obis.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yelled, kneeling over the edge of the roof.

I hopped off the roof, running to her aid— but by the time I arrived, her torso was already attached to her body.

"What..." My eyes widened as I saw her arm regenerate at a ridiculous speed.

Patterns of leaves formed on her skin, and a horn grew from her forehead as Nezuko began to stand up. Her body began to age to that of a young adult, and the bamboo fell from her mouth, leaving a sickening grin on her face.

"Nezuko—" I stepped forwards in an attempt to console the girl, but was suddenly thrown to the side.

I landed roughly, a dozen houses down the street. Her superhuman speed didn't even allow me to process what happened until I heard some screams from bystanders.

"ZENITSU! INOSUKE! STEP BACK!" I yelled, sitting up, "WE CAN'T HAVE HER HURT HUMANS! TANJIRO! GET YOUR SISTER!"

I knew that they(*cough* Inosuke *cough*) would hate the idea, but they are smart enough to know that it is the right thing to do. Tanjiro is the only person with a bond strong enough with Nezuko to get her to calm down in her current state.

I stood up in time to see Nezuko wrestle the upper moon onto the ground, and proceeding to step right through her gut.

Daki attempted to slash through Nezuko's limbs, but only managed to have a large amount of blood splashed onto her.

Which only brought more suffering when Nezuko used her Blood Demon Art to light her on fire. She proceeded to mercilessly kick the burning demon through multiple buildings, using her as that fucking 'children's' app that i always see on ads that allow you to torture a shitty doll with multiple weapons(iykyk).

Finding the opportunity, Tanjiro leapt from the roof and landed on Nezuko, holding his sword between her teeth as she growled with chilling animosity.

Tanjiro kept yelling apologies as she struggled in his hold, scratching his arms.

Inosuke, Zenitsu and I could only watch in horror as we processed what was occurring.

Thankfully, Uzui spawned on time, giving Tanjiro a small chat before he stood up and faced the half-burnt demon, who was muttering bloody murder.

I ran up to the building in time to hear Uzui be a badass for once.

"You aren't the one i was looking for, right? You're far too weak." He said, his expression being a flawless poker face.

Daki's head fell off of her neck, landing into her arms as she fell onto the floor.

"You can't be an Upper Moon demon."

"WOOO! SLAY UZUI! MATERIAL GWORLLLL" I cheered.

"SHUT UP! YOU'RE RUINING MY COOL LINES!"

———————————————————

Sorry about the Prince of Tennis reference aHah—

Anygays, this chapter was a bit longer than my other two updates! But i enjoyed writing the perfect balance of crack and homicide.

Tbh, i can't figure out (Y/N)'s personality at all. Do i want her to be a constant dumbass, or know when it's time to be serious? I feel like she's a bit too motherly for a someone who had 2 main accs and 7 spares when Vine was alive—

But ANYWAYSSS

I probably wont update for a bit due to me going to JAPANNNNN so 😼 i shalt girlboss