So I see

Farrah Jack what are you doing here? You can't be here. She started while I flinched. I'm sorry sweetie I didn't mean to startle you. No, it's ok Tooth I'm ok really. So whose that? I started. That's the spring spirit and neither of you should really be here right now. You both have some form of winter powers. Jack we knew because well he's Jack Frost but the first time we found out you did you were still so new to North Pole. Remember? You were taking a bath and the water froze around you. Gosh your dad and I we were so scared.

You could IDK freeze her. Either one of you. I mean she melts your ice she turned back to Jack and turns winter into spring. Shouldn't you be mad at her? Spring spirit? We asked in sync. And no Jack laughed while I snickered beside him. Why would we do that? Besides I froze Bunny on purpose if that's what you're getting at. But we both have more control with our powers than that. And yeah maybe I was a little annoyed with her but I would we could never be mad at our little sister. Yeah our human sister that we haven't seen since we became spirits. I cut him off.

How long will she be in that trance? He asked. Your sister?! She asked in surprised. That's why she looks so familiar she exclaimed. And probably not long she didn't live for very long. What?! But I died to protect her. Jack said sadly. Mine and my sister's death would've been for nothing then but well I took some of the abuse so that he wouldn't hurt Farrah and ignored Mary but I was already gone before then. What happened after I died? I shake my head as tears freeze onto my cheeks. Farrah please you can tell me he hugged me. I knew that I had to be brave it was hard being the guardian of courage when I couldn't a) watch all of my memories and b) not tell Jack what happened after he died.

Wait?! You guys both died? Tooth asked us. Uh yeah Jack sheepishly said. I may have fallen into a lake when ice skating. He rubbed the back of his neck. And after Mary came out of her state of being and turned to tell Toothina she remembered that she had a brother and a sister and that her brother saved her. And then she saw the two of us. Jack's eyes twinkled when he stepped forward and crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow looking into her eyes as he recited words he'd said time and time again once before when we were human. Mary Kathern Overland Burgess tell me what happened right now young lady or I won't play hopscotch with you tomorrow. He teased her.

At first she just starred up at us while Jack had this huge grin on his face. I missed you little sister. He smiled at her. But if you leave your mouth open like that you may catch flies. Then she ran and hugged Jack. Oh I missed you too she exclaimed. But how are you here Jack? And you Farrah? You both died! Are you ghosts? Whoa hold on wait a sec. First of all yes we died but no we're not ghosts. He shook his head. As he booped her nose playfully. If I could would I had done that? He teased. Why are your hands so cold? She asked. Well ever heard the expression Jack Frost nipping at your nose? He asked her. Well I'm Jack Frost now and so that's what I just did. Farrah are you a winter spirit too? She asked.

Yes but I can also do other magic and turn into a wolf. She was excited and stepped closer to me in attempt to reach out and hug me but then she stopped. She wasn't sure if she was allowed to. And I wasn't sure if I wanted her to. Come on Jack nudged me. She's our sister. And so I did I let her hug me. But after that when we pulled apart he asked her when this happened so that he could go pester father time until she was alive again. But then both of us frowned back at him. What? What's wrong what happened? What aren't you telling me? You didn't even finish your memories how would you remember what happened without them? IDK I wrap my arms around myself.

Just like how I feared touch for some reason or another without remembering our father or being abused I do remember how I died and I remember how Mary died. You don't get it Jack Mary frowned shaking her head. I died because you weren't there to protect me and make me happy. That spring I didn't eat didn't sleep nothing after you died. And that same spring I got sick and died and the moon brought me back to be with you. But why did he wait so long? She turned between the two of us. I was so alone she cried as he pulled her in. Farrah? What happened? I'm just missing the last piece. I didn't want to relive it but I knew I had to.

I thought back to when after Mary died. How our mother cried and cried and eventually died of heartbreak. How winter came back around and dad was drunk. How he'd beaten me until I was dead. And drove a pickaxe into the ice to drown me and then he died from drinking. I screamed after remembering it all. As I wrapped my arms around myself. Tooth frowned back at me nearly reaching out. I was in a trance like state. At hearing my screams three wolves came to my rescue. They seemed to appear out of nowhere and nuzzled at me. I sat on the ground hugging myself rocking back and forth as I whimpered. Onyx's sad eyes looking up at me sitting at my left side his dog like head resting in my lap. Poison at my right her head resting on my shoulder and Nightshade at my feet starring at me her head meeting her brothers against my knees.

They say dogs have a chemical in their bodies that make people feel better when your sad and they seemed to be able to find me right away after I screamed. I cried and sobbed. You're ok now I heard Onyx say as he let out a dog like whimper putting his paw on my shoulder. Man's best friend. Jack gave a small sad smile while he crossed his arms. Jack kneeled next to Onyx while Tooth went by Nightshade and Mary next to Poison. My brother and sister wiped my tears away picking them off my face when they froze. While Tooth placed a comforting hand on my knee. What happened Farrah what did he do? I heard Jack whisper. One step forward two steps back. He mumbled under his breath.

He tapped me. "What happened?" He signed at me. Tell him. Onyx said while he made a small bark sound nudging his head toward Jack. Ok I pet his head. "After Mary died mom cried and cried and eventually died of heartbreak." I started while Jack translated. And then? He asked. Go on. Nightshade gave a small bark back. I took a deep breath and continued. "Dad beat me to death." I signed sobbing. "He was of course drunk he always was." I continued. Jack translated while Tooth's eyes filled with tears. My brother and sister at my side hugging me close to them. You can do it Farrah finish. He grabbed my hand giving me pleading eyes. You have to be brave he said just loud enough that I heard it. "He took a pickaxe and made a hole in the lake where you died the winter before and dumped my body in it then he died from all his drinking."

It's all over now they hugged me. After Jack translated the last bit. But they took turns not to overwhelm me. Jack wanted to change the subject for all our sakes. You know Mary I was alone too he turned back to her. We both were technically. And it was like this for 300+ years and I met our sister without knowing that's who she was. And they were celebrating her birthday on Christmas I brought her a present and she had given me a hoodie. We became pen pals for like 6 months prier to when I was kidnapped and told I had to be a guardian. And I made kids believe well Farrah and her friends helped them believe in me and I helped them believe in the guardians again.

Jack was happy as he did cartwheels around us making us smile and giggle. While the wolves rolled their eyes at his antics. Wanna go meet my first believer? Jack asked as he pulled us up from the floor. Remembering he was gonna go visit Jamie tonight. Mary was so excited. I bet I can get him to believe in you as well he believes in everything. Can we Jack can we? Mary begged with glee jumping up and down. He stooped low for her to climb onto his back. While the wolves helped to make sure she was secure and safe. Are you coming? She asked me. We're gonna go through my portal and meet you guys there. I shot a bow and arrow at the air around me. And a portal formed. Cool she exclaimed. We? They asked me. Yeah you guys too.

Wait why didn't we take the portal? Mary asked. Because I want to fly us there instead. Hang on tight little lady. He teased her. Tooth gave him back his staff. You guys got it? She asked. I've got it. Jack called out to the wind to take them to the North Pole and he was picked up like a rag doll Mary squealed holding him tighter. Jack?! You didn't tell me you could fly! She protested. But Jack laughed as he took off.