The guardians

Then we pulled away. And when we did he gave me this really shocked surprised look. I stepped back and rubbed my arm. I didn't want to get in trouble. I also didn't know what he was gonna say or do. I was scared again. I knew I should've kept my mouth shut. But a part of me knew my father wouldn't hurt me.

He stood there for a second not saying anything, until the corners of his mouth turned up. And he smiled. Then he pulled me in and hugged me. And this time I didn't hesitate to hug him back. I love you too Angel. He told me. When he began to stroke my hair I let him and this time I didn't flinch. In this moment and then on I wasn't afraid of my father.

It wasn't until he went to the globe room to try to summon the guardians that I whimpered and pulled on his arm that I was scared again. What's wrong? We should celebrate your success. You're making progress. It is a wonderful thing. Can we wait till tonight? I'd asked him. Of course Angel we can wait I promise. Wanna help me finish my lists and finish the presents and helping me get ready for Christmas? I gave a light smile and nodded.

Ok then, to the sleigh. He announced. I followed him out and we got everything ready. After we'd finished that we spent the rest of the day together celebrating my progress and my birthday. Until he had to leave to go deliver presents and I rubbed my tired eyes and he decided it was best to let me stay there and rest.

Shortly after he left I'd been in my room watching a movie when there was a knock on the door. I went to the front of the workshop and looked through the peephole to see who it had been. But I was too short to see it was just out of my reach. I wanted to see who it was but when I opened it just a crack they were gone.

I frowned, and closed it again. I went into the kitchen to heat up a couple hot cocoa cups and went back to my room. When I did I saw floral patterns on it, but they weren't my frost floral patterns. I opened my window and put the second cup on the window sill and on the window I fogged up the window and wrote.... To: The person who was knocking at the door.

After I did that I went into the big movie room and watched a couple more movies until my dad got home. And when he did he hugged me and asked if he could summon the guardians now and I gave him permission. Once they had been summoned we celebrated my birthday and Christmas and my progress. They were so happy to hear I'd progressed to at least a whisper.

After celebrating I went to go take a bath and get ready for bed while the enchanted objects helped me. When I returned to bed I saw that the hot chocolate was gone and in its place was an empty cup and a frosted note. Thank you, I heard the others say it was your birthday and I went to get you a present. I'll leave it on the window sill.

I got into bed and went to sleep. In the morning I (outfit 1)  got up got dressed and looked at the window sill to find a little box. And in it was a beautiful (snowflake bracelet) I put it on right away and gave a small smile. And then read the note it had with it. "Happy birthday from a friend." I went to go show my father the present and told him (nothing above a whisper) what happened while he was gone. It's beautiful. He smiled.

After I left I went back to my room and wrote on the window and wrote thank you. But who are you? I'd walked away for a bit and when I came back the window said.... "What's your name, you first." I wrote my name is Farrah. Now what's yours? We'd gone back and forth with this "pen pal" like relationship he only told me his first name I should've known that he was Jack Frost from just that much.

I didn't see him again till April he'd gone back to our hometown even though he didn't know it was and neither had I. That's where he met Jamie and all his friends getting upset when his mom told him he was just an expression then he started a snowball fight and sent Jamie on one heck of an adventure eventually he skidded and lost his tooth from it. Jack even more upset when he got walked through.

He'd asked the moon that night what he was doing wrong since no one believes in him. But the moon said nothing. Then Sandy's dream sand came and he followed it to a dark alley where he ran into Bunny. And he and the yetis picked Jack up put him into a sack then a portal back home and put him on the ground. He was now inside the workshop. He had been summoned.