Chapter 28- All Good Things Must Come to an End

It was finally time. After weeks of waiting, of anticipation, the spotlight shone into my eyes once again. The roaring cheers of kids and adults alike, bringing a smile to my face. This never got old. 

As we lept from the elevator onto the stage, the music began to play. Sure, it was the same songs as always, but now it was different. More. Better. 

Now, there were five of us. 

I had my microphone, Bonnie his bass, Roxanne her keytar, Chica her guitar, and Monty had a brand-new saxophone. 

Really, we were all brand-new. We all got repaired, cleaned, polished... 

As the music swirled around me, I looked towards my friends. It was like we had all done this exact show before, swinging rhythmically to the music. 

Monty was nervous before the show, but now that he was really doing it... the saxophone fit him well. He was obviously enjoying it, immersing himself in the song. 

I turned to Bonnie with a beaming smile. I could see the girls playing and dancing together behind him. He smiled back. 

Our music sounded better than ever before, and judging from the crowd, they thought so too. 

Bonnie lept to my side, bumping me with his shoulder. We locked eyes for a moment before we put our backs together, moving to the music. 

Honestly... in that moment... Everything was perfect. The lights, the music, the cheers... the love. I could feel the music surging through me like electricity as we all danced and played together. 

All five of us... it was meant to be. 

I heard a laugh from Chica as she danced with Roxanne, both had a shining smile on their faces. 

As our show came to an end, I almost felt sad. But then I remembered... Now we get to do this all the time. 

I pumped a fist into the air as the crowd cheered, and our elevator began to take us back down. 

As we arrived back in the parts and service room, Chica squealed. 

"Oh, Monty! I told you you didn't have to be nervous! You were amazing!" 

Monty smiled. He was finally really in the band... with a new instrument, a new sound, that fit him better than a bass ever could. 

"Thanks, Chica! We all sounded great." 

"I think that's the best we've sounded in a while!" Roxy said. 

I grinned. 

"I think it's the best we've ever sounded." 

"I nearly forgot how amazing it feels to be on stage..." Bonnie said, walking up beside me. 

He looked at me and smiled, his deep magenta eyes half-lidded. 

"You sang especially well, Superstar~" He said, grabbing my hand and interweaving his fingers between mine. 

But before anyone could say anything more, (Chica looked like she was about to explode), the door burst open. 

Gregory and Eloise ran inside, laughing and cheering. I let go of Bonnie's hand and knelt down, opening my arms wide. The kids ran into my arms, hugging me back. 

Vanessa walked into the door, panting. 

"Sorry... I... I couldn't stop them..." 

"Oh, it's quite alright, Officer Vanessa." I laughed, standing back up.