Chapter 25- Vanessa

(Link to art: https://pin.it/6LM0hyU)
☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

"No, it's fine- I'm fine, I'm okay, really." 

"Are you sure, Superstar? Losing a loved one can dramatically increase mood swings and-"

(Freddy is just Baymax now ig lol) 

"Freddy, I'm gonna be fine- we- we killed William! Everyone is safe now... we need to celebrate!" Eloise said with, what Gregory knew was, a fake smile. 

He could tell how hard she was trying not to cry. 

Roxy interrupted. 

"I feel like before we celebrate, we still have things to do... we need to talk to Vanessa. And not to mention looking for Bonnie! (I also wouldn't mind getting cleaned up so I can look my ✨best✨ again)

She looked at Freddy when she said "Bonnie." 

"Yeah, Freddy, speaking of Bonnie, don't think we didn't notice you correct yourself back there- like we all know at this point,  just call him your boyfriend!" Monty said. 

Eloise laughed genuinely as Freddy smiled, embarrassed. 

"Okay." Gregory said. He looked towards Eloise.

"How about you and Freddy stay here and start to look for Bonnie while the rest of us go see Vanessa? We'll come back down and help you when we're done, maybe Vanessa will even know where he is and be able to help." 

Eloise looked up at Freddy. "Sounds like a good idea to me."

She smiled that fake smile again. 

"Sounds like a plan! Good luck guys! Cmon, Roxy!" Chica said excitedly. 

As the animatronics left, including Freddy who went to search for Bonnie, Gregory walked up to Eloise. 

"Are you sure you're ok?" He whispered. 

Eloise sighed and looked him right in the eyes. Her teeth chattered. 

"I'll- I'll be okay. Just- go see Vanessa, don't think about me." 

Gregory sighed and turned to walk away, but Eloise stopped him. 

"Wait, one more thing-" 

She ran and gave him a hug. 

"Thanks for caring about me, Gregory." She whispered with teary eyes. 

Her voice sounded like she was about to sob, but again she didn't. Gregory was surprised, but with a blush he hugged her back. 

"Don't- don't mention it, Eloise." 

Eloise gave him one last squeeze, then let him go. 

"I'd- I'd better go help Freddy now..." 

"Y-yeah... see you later?" Gregory stammered. 

"Yeah, see you." Eloise waved and walked away, this time with a genuine smile.

As she turned the corner, Gregory just stood there for a second. 

"GREGORY!!!" Chica shouted. 

This broke him out of his trance. 

"Coming!" He said as he ran up the stairs.

When he reached the top, Chica was smiling and Roxy and Monty were smirking. 

"What, were you two lovebirds making out down there?" Roxy said with a laugh. 

Gregory's face turned bright red.