Chapter 17- How I died

The ball rolled down the lane, hitting all but two pins. 

"Aw, so close Oliver!" I said. 

He came over laughing. 

"I don't think I've ever gotten a strike in my life!"

"Jay! Oliver!" My mom shouted. 

We walked over and she handed us each 15$. 

"Go buy yourselves souvenirs from the gift shop, you two. Me and Amelia are taking your siblings to the daycare." (Amelia was Oliver's mom.) 

We smiled, money wasn't something we normally had access to, let alone being able to spend it ourselves. 

"Thanks Mom!" I shouted. 

Me and Oliver ran out of Bonnie Bowl and towards the gift shop. When we got there, we realized the shop was pretty empty at the moment. The animatronics were putting on their hourly show, so everyone was down there watching and singing along. 

We immediately started looking at the action figures and toys and things like that. Oliver picked up a Moondrop plushie. 

"Aw, cool! Jay, look at this!" 

While we were looking at the plushies, I could see our reflections in the mirror by the clothes section. I was very pale skinned, with dirty ginger hair and freckles covering my face. Oliver had skin that was darker, curly black hair, and glasses. We had been best friends since we were like, six. 

While Oliver was still looking at the plushies, I went to the clothes. I tried on Monty sunglasses and was seriously considering buying them. There was a cool shirt with Moondrop on it, and I knew that Moondrop was Oliver's favorite. (For some reason.) 

"Oliver! Come here, look at this!" 

But there was no answer. I walked back to where he was, but he wasn't there. In fact, nobody was in the store anymore, it was completely empty. 

"Oliver?" I called again. 

This time, I did get a response. But it wasn't from him. It came from behind the store check-out counter.

"̹̘͉̤̺̫̍ͦY͕̫̲̮̱͙ͥ̉o̲͇͚͐ͥͭu͉̮r͙̱̘̤̥̺͖ ̣̥́̒̇̓͑ͅf͕̲̝̭̖͙̅̓́r͈͕̖͇̮͋ͤ̓̂i͍̜͇̬e̝̠̣͔̣ͭ̇ͫ̈́́ǹ̘͓̝̣̪̝̱͐ͮ̃͂d̠ͧͤ̃͊ ̰̘͉̻̤̦̻͗̔̃ͩ̚i̺̙̰̩͍s̤̤̓̈́ͯ̐̋ͤ̓ ̯̪͙̆̐͆͒͑̾̚b͐͒̉̋͑͗̽a̺̜ͩ̄c͍̯̖͇͓̱̗̄̊̀̿ͤk̯̥̜̱̱̾ͩ̇ ͑̓ͮ̓ͣͬh̬̺͔̬̫͑͒ͣ͗̔ͣ̚ȅ̟͍̰̮̘̫̂ͅr͔̳̦̩̟̻̾ͮ̎ͯ͐͋͛ḙ̹͇̦̘͍͕̅̽ͨͭ̉!̘̻̬̬͓ͧ̐ͣ̍ ̞̳̤̪͆͆ͮ͆͋T̥͕͍͇͈̯͖̊ͥ̓̆̄ͩ̍h͕̬̬̾ͣ̚ë̮́ͩr̭͙͚̉͗e͎̞̪̦̳͎̤ͪ̐ ̳͍͖̟͇͌ͬî̖͚͙͎͇͓̓̓ͥs̻̦̤̩ ͚̟̞̪͖̓͐ͧa̻͎̦̯̩̓̉͂͑ͣ̍̓ ̤͒̿̇ḇ̱̮̯͍̯̥̃ͫ̅ͬ̀ͦu̖̻̾ͥ͊̓̌̚ͅṉ́c͍͉̙̲̞̰ͩ̄̅͂̿h̭ͯͨ͊͛ͬ͐ ̳́m͕͔͙̀͗̃̈o̳̜̟̖͐ͯr̿ͯͨe͍̤ͬ͆́͊ ́̏͗ͯ̈́̍c̠͓̙̮̘̗̮̋̓͂̀̉o͎̪͈͇̗͎̭ȯ͇̖̯̟̦̬̇ͨͭ̊͋̍l͍̥̠̤͕̎ ͍͖̝̜͋s͓̹̯͖̽͆ͪ̉̑t͔̫͕̣͚ͯ͛̔ụ̞̠̳̹̱̖ͮ͋ͯ̾f͚̻̥̪͐̐̊ͅf̲̯̟͖̞̱͆͛ͅ ̜͙̬͈͎ͮ̂h̞͈̩́̃͑͒ͯ̚e̼͔̼̿͋ͧ͊ͣr̮̩̳̤̒̊̈́ͪe̤̼͕̼̤̫̓̎̓ͪͧ,̱͑̓̓̃̏ͥ ̬̖̤͎̻̑̿͌ͫ̓̅͆ͅͅc̮̍h͖͇͕̣̖̘͉ͩ̽̆i̙͔̹̥̯̓l̈́ͮͨ͋̐d̠̙͉̖͖ͯͪ̒͆!̥̭̬"ͨ͌

I hesitated. I couldn't see who was talking, but... something was wrong with this voice, but I couldn't figure out what exactly it was. But if Oliver went back there, then I guess I could too. 

That was a mistake. The split second I set foot behind the counter, I was knocked out with a bloodied bat. 

I woke up, dazed and confused. I was tied up to someone, I soon realized it was Oliver. The room was dark, and seemingly made out of trash. We were tied together and in the middle of the damp, dusky, disgusting room.