💛Jean x Leona, part 2💛

Blossom: Continued from Jean x Leona, part 1! (SORRY IT'S SO LATE; I HAD CLASS YESTERDAY! I'M SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU ALL WAITING AHHHH)

Scenario: A week has passed since the Magishift deal was made.

Ruggie thought he'd seen it all. Then the sight of Leona carrying a stack of overflowing laundry baskets down the hall proved him wrong.

Later that day, Ruggie peeked silently into Leona's room, trying not to disturb Leona's nap, and saw the housewarden studying. Actually studying! Ruggie rubbed his eyes, certain he was seeing things.

When he heard Ruggie enter, Leona's ear twitched, though he didn't bother turning to greet him. "What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy studying for Trein's test?"

"Don't you need me to do your homework for you or something?"

Leona snorted. "I already finished it. What do you take me for, a fool?"

"What about your laundry?"

"I did that earlier. Sayu's, Kazuha's, and Jean's, too." Half-turning in his seat, Leona added, "Oh, I forgot to do yours. Leave it outside your door next time."

"Uh, sure." Ruggie bowed his head and left, head whirling at this impossible turn of events. Since when did Leona do his own laundry, let alone other people's? Since when did he study for tests? Since when did he even remember his homework?

Demonic possession, Ruggie decided. It had to be demonic possession. There was no other possible explanation—even Jamil Viper from Scarabia wasn't strong enough to control Leona like this. With a shudder, Ruggie wondered what kind of horrible, ruthless demon could have preyed upon the housewarden during the night. Perhaps the Lord of the Dead himself.

"You look like such an angel, sister!" Barbara declared, wringing out the last bit of dampness in Jean's hair.

And though Jean brushed off the compliment with an embarrassed laugh, it was true. Gone was the practical outfit and hair kept neatly out of her way. She wore one of Barbara's dresses, a sky-blue one that fit snugly at her waist.

Stepping before the mirror, Jean hardly recognized herself. Then again, she didn't really spend a lot of time in front of the mirror. "I'm..."

"Beautiful!" said Barbara.

"Radiant!" Mona suggested.

"A flower amidst the sun-scorched realms of the east!" Fischl said.

"...different." Jean considered her reflection some more, still unsure about her new look. "I do feel a lot more relaxed after all that, though. Thanks for giving me this makeover, all of you."

"You deserve it. I will admit, I was surprised when you told me you didn't have anything else to do today." Ningguang, the one who had commissioned, designed, and funded the new women's bathroom, twirled her pipe. "You always seem so busy cleaning up after your dorm."

"Oh, um... yes. I guess I managed to finish everything early this week." For some reason, Jean found herself wishing to keep her deal with Leona a secret.

No such luck. Almost instantly, Yelan reported, with a glint in her eyes, "She's lying."

"Come on!" protested Mona. She pulled out her wallet and displayed its contents—a single coin—to everyone. "After all we went through to pay for your spa treatment and massage? I think you at least owe us the truth."

"Yes, reveal unto us, your closest confidants, the shimmering secrets buried beneath thy golden facade, Grandmaster Jean!" Fischl commanded.

How could Jean refuse a request like that?