💛Diona x Cheka💛

Blossom: Not romantic! Just two cinnamon rolls interacting.

Scenario: Diona is visiting the Sunset Savanna to collect sunset beetles for her latest cocktail.

At the royal palace of the Kingscholars, a group of girls in yellow dresses gathered in the main hall. All of them were five or six years old, with sun-tanned skin and sunflowers pinned in their hair.

Their parents, all upper-class nobles, watched the children anxiously, occasionally reminding them to behave.

A trumpet's fanfare signaled the arrival of the king of the Sunset Savanna, Farena Kingscholar. As he strode into the hall, the nobles bowed, and the little girls curtsied clumsily as they'd been taught. It wasn't the king they were excited about, though—it was his small son, Cheka, who lay in his father's arms.

King Farena set Cheka down on the ground. Instantly, one of the girls detached herself from the rest of the group and flung her arms around Cheka's neck. She had golden hair in a braid down her back.

"Ohhhh, Cheka! I'm so happy to see you!" she squealed into Cheka's ear, causing him to wince.

"Let go of me, Leila!" With some difficulty, Cheka shrugged Leila off.

Leila pouted. "But it's not like I was doing anything wrong. Why are you being so mean to me?"

Her father, a general in Farena's army, gave her a warning look. "Play nice, Leila."

With a scowl, Leila crossed her arms. "Fiiiine."

King Farena cleared his throat. "As you all know, this is a most important day. My son—" and here he put his hand on Cheka's head fondly "—will someday be your next ruler of the Sunset Savanna. And as ruler, he'll need a companion to accompany him on his journey."

One of the little girls raised her hand. "What does 'a company' mean?"

"He'll need someone to... play with him," Farena explained after a moment's consideration.

"Ah." The children nodded wisely.

"Today, continuing a time-honored tradition, Cheka will make his choice, just as I did long ago." As he spoke, Farena looked at his wife, the queen, with an adoring smile. "He will choose from among these ten lovely young ladies we've selected, all of whom are the daughters of important nobles and generals."

As Farena listed out their names, the ten girls formed a line, smoothing their yellow dresses and adjusting the sunflowers in their hair.

Cheka looked confused. "So I just pick one?" He closed his eyes and, spinning in circles with his index finger pointed outwards, began chanting, "Eenie, meenie, miney, mo—"

"No, no, not like that." King Farena hastily stopped his son's spinning. "Who do you think suits you the most? Who do you enjoy playing with the most?"

Looking increasingly unsure, Cheka glanced between the faces of his playmates and potential brides. "Um, but what if—"

Leila batted her eyes at Cheka. "You and I were meant to be, Cheka. You're the son of the king, and I'm the strongest girl here. You're going to pick me, right?"

"No, me! I wanna be the princess!"

All etiquette forgotten, the other girls crowded around Cheka. "Pick me, pick me!" A thoroughly intimidated Cheka dodged around them and fled behind his father's legs.

"Why don't you all go play outside?" suggested King Farena, patting his trembling son. "Cheka can decide afterwards."

"Yay!" Laughing, the children ran outside the palace.