💖Genshin Overblots💖

Blossom: Have another special chapter this Tuesday, since we reached 4k (thank you all so much)! A reminder that the next update is on Friday! (art by sevkyi on Twitter)

Xiao's Overblot

- phantom appearance: ink cords binding him to grotesque versions of his dead friends, who wear cracked Yaksha masks, their hands dragging him down

- triggered by: karmic debt, past memories of being enslaved/losing his friends

- scenario: Feeling like a burden to those around him, Xiao attempts to commit unalive, but is caught by his friends from Savanaclaw, who confront him.

- overblot quotes: "I'm... worthless! I'm sorry." "Don't come near me!" "Just let me go, please!"

Venti's Overblot

- phantom appearance: the nameless bard with arrows through his heart, oozing ink, and a broken lyre in hand

- triggered by: past memories of losing his friend

- scenario: Seeing Ortho and Idia reminds Venti of his relationship with the nameless bard. He tries to smile through it, but falls into despair after all the mirrors in the Mirror Chamber show his reflection (which resembles his friend).

- Overblot quote: "Oh, everything's fine... don't worry about me." "Fly, fly away. Please don't leave me yet. Blue skies disappear, all that remains is regret."

Zhongli's Overblot

- phantom appearance: a dying Guizhong, ink coming from her wounds and a Glaze Lily in her hands

- triggered by: past memories of losing his lover

- scenario: Ganyu plants Glaze Lilies in the botanical gardens. While walking, Zhongli sees them blooming and hears Ganyu sing to them, the same song Guizhong once sang to him.

- Overblot quotes: "I'm sorry I couldn't honor our contract." "Where are those who share the memories?"

Kaeya's Overblot

- phantom appearance: young Kaeya, ink seeping out of his left eye (which was cut in the fight with Diluc)

- triggered by: betraying Diluc and being injured by him

- scenario: Kaeya sees Diluc playing with Klee and remembers their childhood together. He tries to join in, only for Diluc to push him away.

- Overblot quote: "It's an eye for an eye. I don't blame him." "It's so cold all of a sudden..."

Lisa's Overblot

- phantom appearance: an hourglass covered with black roses and filled with ink, the top almost empty and the bottom almost full (she's running out of time to live)

- triggered by: shortened lifespan, incoming death

- scenario: Lisa realizes that she won't be able to see Riddle or any of her friends grow up, and doesn't want to leave those she loves behind so soon.

- overblot quotes: "The price of knowledge... what a fool I was." "Time's running out, isn't it?"

Raiden Shogun's Overblot

- phantom appearance: Makoto

- triggered by: death of a friend, past memories of sister and friends' deaths

- scenario: Ei is powerless to prevent a friend's death at Night Raven College. She decides to pursue eternity in the hopes that she won't have to suffer through that again.

- overblot quote: "Eternity... won't bring them back."

Childe's Overblot

- phantom appearance: Foul Legacy form, but made from ink

- triggered by: losing Teucer

- scenario: Childe fails to protect Teucer from a monster attack. He arrives too late to save Teucer from dying and overblots.

- overblot quotes: "Teucer, wake up! We're playing hide-and-seek, remember?" "If only I were stronger, none of this would have happened."

Blossom: Have a cookie to feel better 🍪, and don't forget to vote!