🤍Sucrose x Idia🤍

Scenario: Sucrose needs a hair sample from Ortho for her experiment.

Inside Ignihyde dormitory, it was silent as the grave. The hallway was narrow and dark, lit only by blue fluorescent lights on the walls. Even tiptoeing, Sucrose heard her footsteps echo noisily off the cool metallic walls.

It had taken all of her courage to mirror-travel to Ignihyde. Having seen Ortho Shroud's unusual flame-like hair, Sucrose had hoped to obtain a small sample of his hair for an experiment. Just a lock would do!

Now that she was here, she realized in horror that she didn't know which room Ortho lived in. There was no way she could possibly knock on every one!

A metallic clicking noise from the ceiling made her perk up her ears. "H-huh? What was that?" she wondered. She'd heard the rumors about Ignihyde—supposedly, ghosts of past students haunted the halls and watched for intruders.

"Oh, you're just being ridiculous!" Sucrose scolded herself, looking around nervously. "There's no scientific basis behind those rumors. There aren't any ghosts here. No one's watching you."

Little did Sucrose know, she was being watched.

Ortho, monitoring Ignihyde's security cameras, spied a suspicious green-haired girl walking down the hallway. Every few seconds, she'd walk forward a few steps, pause and turn around as if unsure, and then walk forward again.

"Big Brother, you might want to take a look at this." Ortho pointed at the screen displaying the green-haired girl. "This girl is exhibiting strange patterns of behavior. From my data, I know she isn't from Ignihyde."

Idia stared intently at the monitor. "Is she talking? I can't hear her." As he reached over to turn up the volume on the monitor, his sleeve accidentally brushed against another button—the Unmute button. Neither he or Ortho noticed.

Standing in the hallway, Sucrose heard a sudden noise from above. It sounded like... a deep, ominous voice!

She froze in her tracks. "H-hello? Is someone there?"

"—possibly an intruder?" the voice said. It sounded slightly distorted, as if it were coming from a speaker. After breaking off for a few seconds, the voice sounded again: "—not from Heartslabyul, most likely. I think... Savanaclaw?"

A second, higher-pitched voice rang out: "—has a 67% chance of being in Savanaclaw, based on my data. Her name is Sucrose."

"—explains the ears," the first voice mused. "Sucrose—" the sound broke off "—kind of cute. Reminds me of an SSR I have in-game..."

"Eeeep! The ghosts of Ignihyde!" Sucrose abandoned all thoughts of finding Ortho Shroud and bolted back down the hallway. She didn't go far before her heavy alchemy notebook slipped out of her arms and fell onto the ground with a loud thud, spilling her notes and pencils across the floor.

With a cry of dismay, Sucrose knelt and began scooping up her precious notes. As she did so, she heard the voice say in alarm, "Did she... fall?" This time, she was able to locate the source of the noise: a small, blinking security camera on the ceiling. Oh. It wasn't a ghost after all. But whose voice was that, then?

A different, higher-pitched voice rang out from the security camera: "Big Brother... need to make sure she's not hurt!"

The deeper voice: "Go deal with her, Ortho." Ortho? As in Ortho Shroud? That meant this deep voice must be Ortho's older brother, Idia Shroud, housewarden of Ignihyde! "She won't want to talk to a loser like me."

Ortho: "But Big Brother, you've been in your room for the past three days now. You should go outside!"

Idia: "M-me? Talk to someone outside our dorm?" From his shocked tone, it was as if Ortho had suggested that Idia spend all his Primogems on the standard banner.

Ortho: "You can do it, Big Brother. I know you can!"

Idia: "I can't. You can't make me!"

Ortho: "I shut off the Wi-Fi."

Idia: "Never mind, fine. I—wait, are we unmuted? We're unmuted! ORTHO!"

Ortho: "What? Let me—"

At that point, the sound shut off.

After kicking Idia out of the room, Ortho sat down in front of the monitor and clicked the Record button to capture the encounter on video. He watched as Idia approached Sucrose, looking as if he were about to face the final boss in a Dark Souls game.

Instead of talking to her, Idia typed something on his tablet and held it up in front of his face: "r u ok?"

Hastily, Sucrose scribbled a message in her notebook and showed Idia: "yes thank you for your concern i'm sorry for trespassing i was just going to leave"

Idia: "nono ur good i was just worried since you fell"

Sucrose: "wait just out of curiosity were you the one talking in the camera"

Idia: "sdkfajlsdkfj I DIDNT REALIZE I WAS UNMUTED AHHHHH"

Sucrose: "that's ok it scared me a little though"

For the next few minutes, they communicated back-and-forth using the tablet and notebook, not daring to speak out loud despite standing right in front of each other. Eventually, Sucrose thought to ask: "so i'm doing an experiment for alchemy class and i wanted to ask if i could get a lock of your hair to study the composition i'm sorry if it's a weird question"

There was a long pause. Idia seemed to be mentally debating whether or not complying with this girl would get her out of his dorm faster. In the end, he replied: "ummm sure"

Sucrose pulled a pair of tiny laser clippers from the pocket of her lab coat. As she drew closer to Idia and stood on tiptoe to reach his hair, Idia's normally-blue hair became redder and redder, until he looked more like Riddle Rosehearts's older brother than Ortho's.

When Sucrose placed a hand on Idia's shoulder to steady herself, the housewarden's hair flared bright fuchsia—a color Ortho had never seen on his brother before. Interesting, the little robot thought. Of all ten million combinations Ortho had generated for how this situation might turn out, none of them had taken Idia's potential feelings into consideration.

Sucrose put the lock of hair in her vial and stepped back, looking just as flustered as Idia. "Thank you!" she squeaked shyly, speaking out loud for the first time in their conversation. "I, um, I promise to return this later!" She blushed upon realizing her mistake. "I mean, I'll tell you how the experiment goes!"

Idia cleared his throat. "Oh, uh, thank you. No, I mean, you're welcome! If, if you ever need help with... anything, you can... just ask me. Not that you'd want to, but—"

"I will!" Sucrose adjusted her glasses and stared down at her notebook. "And, um... tomorrow, maybe we can sit together at lunch? J-just to talk about alchemy! Since you're... housewarden, I know you must be busy, but..."

"L-lunch? At the cafeteria? With everyone watching?" Idia looked terrified at the very thought. "I, um, I..."

"I understand if you don't want to!"

"No, no, it's fine! Okay! Lunch, tomorrow." Idia watched Sucrose's retreating form, his hair still flickering and dancing like a pink bonfire.

After saving the video to his internal database, Ortho felt a spark of excitement run through his circuits. "If Big Brother ever refuses to buy me new batteries or update my software... this video should come in handy."

Blossom: Read all the way to the bottom? Have a fresh battery 🔋 for extra energy, and don't forget to vote!