CHAPTER 37: TEMPTATION

"This is Noqhei, Your Highness. From this point forward, he will serve as your mentor and trainer." 

The four-year-old Zeliker heard Zapter say this.

After eating breakfast today, Zeliker met his new teacher in the training room. Due to his poor physical and mental health, his old tutor has given up on him. 

The soldiers and other demons at the training facility also laugh and cast scornful glances at him. Even his newly awakened powers were inferior to those of his brothers.

After receiving such a look, Zeliker was embarrassed and terrified to enter the training building again. He hid himself in his room.

Today, as was ordered by his father, he must come to meet his new teacher. Zeliker first intended to stay in his room like he normally did, but the night before, Alinda dropped by, and the two struck up a conversation.

Alinda persuades him to meet his new teacher.

"You have to try, dear. This teacher is good at passing along knowledge, and he won't push you too hard if you can't keep up. Try out his training for a week and see what happens."

Zeliker went silent for a moment.  

"Okay…" He responded in a childlike voice.

Zeliker had no ill feelings toward his new teacher when they met face to face. Noqhei's emotion just conveys worry and anxiety, which puzzles him.

Noqhei has light green eyes and long brown hair which was tied into a ponytail. He was dressed in a grey suit and red polka-dot tie. Overall, he looked neat and gentle with a smile on his lips.

"Hello, Your Highness. I am Noqhei. I hope you'll allow me the opportunity to instruct you. Please let me know without keeping anything from me if you feel my lessons need improvement. I need to reflect on my teaching too if it does." The warm and soft voice told Zeliker. 

Zeliker thought it odd because his previous teachers wouldn't employ a voice like that. Their voice only emitted disdain and iciness, which he perceived.

How strange to have such a demon talking nicely to him. Zeliker immediately became alert, though he kept a straight expression.

One week later…

"Congratulations, Your Highness. You complete a one-kilometre lap." Noqhei cheered while clapping his hands.

Zeliker panted loudly. Sweat had saturated his entire body. He was worn out but he didn’t allow himself to sit on the ground. He doesn’t want to show further weakness and wishes to improve his image in front of others.

Noqhei has only requested that he run a lap since the first day. For a four-year-old child, it was a taxing activity, but he wasn't a human. 

While he can still reach 600 metres, anything beyond that causes him to become exhausted.

His brothers, when they were four, could run more than five kilometres, but he couldn't. This demonstrates how weak he was compared to them.

"You Highness, take this and sip. Tomorrow, we'll begin a new exercise." 

Zeliker receives a bottle of clean water from Noqhei. He exercised caution once more, but after determining that the water was free of any unpleasantness, he drank it.

He ought to be surrounded by attendants, yet he dismisses them. All because he felt their malice to serve him and pity him. 

Actually, if a royal demon was powerful, any other servitor demon would give their heart to serve them. His brother was respected by the servants, but not him.