CHAPTER 27: HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING

The next morning, Zeliker and Silvert woke early before the sky brightened and went for a run around the city. Zeliker has been doing the morning exercise since he realised he wasn't strong enough. Silvert eyed him with a dumbfounded expression after hearing his complaints.

He quietly thought, if Zeliker feels he wasn't strong, how about those who were a level lower than him. Stronger Zeliker means their gaps were getting much further. For that reason, he would come along to do the morning exercise along with Zeliker.

"Silvert, do you know that our ability has different levels of power?" Zeliker asked while they were on the way to return to the palace.

"Aren't our powers based on our ranking?" Silvert was confused.

"No. I heard my father say before that I was only at the end of the Foundation Establishment Stage. I just remembered it now. Does that mean there were also stages for power? I wanted to ask him but I couldn't get close to him. You know that... Right?" Zeliker's eyes slowly dim when he reminisces about something from his past.

"He means the king always avoids him or won't see him if he wants to speak with him. Zeliker, I don't know how to tell you. The king really cares for you but as for why he is avoiding you, I don't know the reason... He always watches you from afar with deep thoughts. His eyes show so much concern for you but you don't know any of it. And forgive me. I was silent by him and couldn't tell you this." Silvert apologised to Zeliker in his heart.

So, he smiled softly at Zeliker. "Maybe we can find the answer when we go to the Miko Kingdom later."

"Hm, maybe you're right. Who needs anyone to tell us since we have hands and legs to move and search for it on our own." Zeliker returns to normal and speeds up.

Silvert followed from behind and he looked guilty at his prince. However, he had promised Nekruis to tell nothing of him to Zeliker, which was anything that Nekruis had done for his youngest prince and Silvert accidentally found out. He believes Nekruis will always love his children no matter how cruel he was to them. It's part of their growing-up lesson.

Zeliker and Silvert meet with Xcerox, Gizelis, Nish and Trez. Trez wanted to see his friends in custody, so he had left the mansion after speaking with the teenagers. He wanted to know the reason for them being there and found out that they were all slaves. He was surprised again that they were rescued by Zeliker and Silvert. It seems he and them have the same life debt to make.

Then, Zeliker and his friends were called by a palace guard to meet Elamos once again. So, everyone went to the throne building. Elamos was seen sitting on his throne while Zelfon was standing beside him.

'Ah, I forgot to ask Xcerox the reason for why he and Prince of Drick were having a dispute.' Zeliker suddenly remembered something after seeing Zelfon.

He could see there was no longer a bright feeling coming from Zelfon's eyes. It was cold and he looked expressionless at them like he was ignoring them. Before, Zelfon would show some feeling in his eyes but today, there was something different about him. Zeliker thought it must have something to do with yesterday's event where Zelfon gave the document for Xcerox to stamp on.

'This can't go on. If we want a peaceful environment, the first thing to do is to make friends not enemies.' Zeliker frowns.

'Who knows if this guy might turn to the bad side because of something between him and Xcerox.'

Zeliker couldn't help but speculate because he had heard two demons' best friends from different demon cities have a dispute and end up making enemies with each other. Since they both were aristocraft and high-ranking demons, they would send low or mid-ranking demons to fight and assassinate each other.