CHAPTER 24: TREZ

"Urgh... Where am I?" Trez slowly blinked his eyes and looked around the room he was in.

He never thought he would still be alive. His hand went to his neck when he felt some kind of soft material on it. His eyes snapped open wide when he couldn't feel the steel collar anymore.

"Wha, What? I'm... I'm free?" He felt unbelievable and touched all over his neck.

"Ah, you have awakened. Thank goodness." Someone said to him.

Trez turns his head to a door that looks like the entrance to this room.

"Who are you?" He asked with a cautious look.

"Silvert. But it's not me who rescued you from your death." Silvert went near Trez's bed.

"Then, who is it? I... I need to thank them then..."

He still remembered what he did and slight anger rose when he thought about his defeat in a human hand.

"You can thank him later. He is sort of busy right now."

Silvert then snapped his hand and a tray of meals appeared near the small cabinet beside Trez's bed.

"You're free now. Do you have anywhere you wish to go? I can send you there."

Trez's eyes blazed. His mind was thinking of dark thoughts and one of them was to kill Elamos, King of Drick Kingdom.

"Ah, but you can't kill humans as requested by your saver."

"What?!" Trez was shocked to hear it. "Is my saver a human?!"

Trez feels disturbed by it and disgusted.

"No. He's a demon. A. Royal. Demon." Silvert doesn't want to hide it.

Trez's eyes couldn't help staring dumbfounded at him.

"What?! Then why?!" He was confused.

A royal demon not allowing him to kill humans was odd. Humans were their enemies!

"Well, that's his order. If you won't follow it, well, it's such a waste to save you then."

Trez jumped to a wall when he felt Silvert hands reach for his neck in slow-motion but it was fast if a human sees it. He also felt danger from the latter. Slowly, sweat covered his whole body while he pants from his quick movement to escape Silvert's hand. Silvert turned his head to him with a smirk.

"What's your answer? You know I can kill you right away if you answer the opposite of what I want."

"You...! Are you serious?! Why save me before then?!"

"My prince is giving you a chance. By the way, you're obviously a stupid demon."

Trez knows Silvert was stronger than him, so he glares at him instead. Normally, he would have hit or killed anyone who calls him stupid.

"Don't deny it. You are stupid. During the battle in the colosseum, you could have pretended to faint and let your opponent win the battle. Did you forget the reason for the friendly match? Didn't you want to let the demons in Drick's custody be free and have a safe home in Eskimos? You should have known that Eskimos give a safe place for demons who don't like to stay in any demon kingdoms anymore."

Trez went silent. He looked away from Silvert. He has his reason to win the battle. He thought if any demon saw him was defeated by a human, they would think he was weak and not a high-ranked demon anymore. He has his only pride left after he was captured and imprisoned in the Drick Kingdom. Once he knew that he couldn't win, he rather died than allow himself to live and see discrimination from his own kind. Trez's fingers grip tightly with a frown.