Chapter 30

"Fundy and 5up?" Sam called from outside the cell, and the pair raised their hands.

"Please come with me for questioning..." the guard stated.

After shooting their companions comforting smiles, the pair stepped out of their cell.

"Good morning Ponk! Morning Sam!" Two voices cheerfully chirped from behind the two guards.

"Tommy? Tubbo? What are you boys doing here?"

"Master gave us permission to visit Ranboo again," Tubbo explained.

"I'll take Fundy and 5up, Ponk you stay here with them," Sam stated and his partner gave him a confirming nod.

Once Sam left with the two phantoms in tow, Ponk showed the boys to Ranboo's cell. The young magician was rather happy to see the K-9 pair again and eagerly engaged them in conversation.

After making sure that the three teens would be okay, Ponk headed back to the phantom's cell. "If you guys want to freshen up a bit just tell me, and I'll escort you to the bathroom."

"I actually would like to shower if that's okay?" Eret said, and Ponk opened the cell to let him out.

"I'll go after you," Antfrost stated and Eret nodded.

Antfrost then laid back down on his bed and closed his eyes. After a few minutes, he heard someone open the cell door again so he sat back up.

"Now that was way too fast, did you forget something?" He chuckled as he turned to his friend.

His jaw dropped when he found that it wasn't Eret, nor Ponk, but a rather gloomy Red entering the cell and locking the door behind him.

"Red..." Antfrost said, directing his gaze to the ground.

"Ant..." Red greeted back in a rough and husky voice, clearly signifying his exhaustion.

Well, this is awkward... they both thought.

~0~0~0~

Fundy and 5up held hands as they entered the interrogation room. The pair let out a little gasp when they found Dream and George already waiting for them inside the room.

"Hey, guys..." Dream greeted with a small smile.

"Hey..."

"Please take a seat," George offered kindly, and the phantoms mumbled their thanks.

George then stood up and gave Dream's shoulder a little squeeze.

"I'll give you guys some privacy, but I'll be right outside if you need me..." George said while smiling at his partner. Dream smiled back and squeezed George's hand.

"Thank you..." he whispered, and the agent left the room with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Well... want to explain why you're with the MOB?" Dream suddenly asked.

"We didn't have a choice..." 5up stated.

"I figured as much, what exactly happened?" the blonde replied.

"After you left to kill the executives, 5up and I went to find some members that might have escaped. We were unfortunately overpowered and captured, along with a few others." Fundy answered.

"They experimented on us again after that, but when they discovered that we were all failures, they assigned us to different divisions. 5up and I were lucky to have been placed together, but I haven't seen the rest since then." he continued.

"I see..." Dream said grimly. "Now why did you allow us to find you?"

The two phantoms were taken back by this statement, and Dream simply narrowed his eyes at them.

"I know you guys, you wouldn't make such a simple mistake as leaving behind a trail. You guys were always thorough with your work and very cautious. If there was any risk that your location could be compromised then I know you would have escaped to another base. Yet you stayed in your hotel room, and didn't even try resisting the arrest."

A low laugh rumbled out of Fundy's throat, till he finally let go and his laughter filled the room. "You truly are good One...you're right, we subtly left a trail for your hackers to follow."

"Why?" the K-9 asked.

"Because I am sick of serving the MOB!" Fundy declared. "I would rather spend my life in prison, than help the MOB ruin more lives!"

"Do your teammates know about this?" Dream asked.

"We all agreed to it One," 5up spoke up.

"One..." Fundy called in a low voice and motioned for the blonde to lean in closer, which he did.

5up then made sure to angle his body, so he blocked anyone watching the interrogation from reading their lips.

"Now the Mob never trusted us so they kept us in the dark, but from what I hear there is someone on your tail 24/7. Make sure to never let your guard down, especially if it's only you and George," Fundy whispered and Dream nodded.

They then returned to their prior positions and shot each other a smile.

"Is there any information you can give us on the MOB's new headquarters?" Dream asked.

The pair shook their heads, "They are extremely cautious this time, only the higher-ups know its location."

The blonde sighed, "I have to return you guys to your cells..."

His friends gave him a comforting smile, "It's fine One, the food here is great, and the beds are much better than what we are used to..." 5up stated making Dream chuckle.

"He's a good man, One..." Fundy suddenly stated, and Dream turned his focus to him.

"Your new master..." Fundy continued with a smile. "I hope that his presence in your life will help you heal from the past."

Dream shot them both a grateful smile, "Thank you, and I would prefer if you called me Dream from now on." And his friends nodded in agreement. The trio then stood up so Fundy and 5up could return to their cell.

Suddenly Fundy started coughing violently and sunk to his knees.

"Fundy!" 5up cried as he rushed over to help his friend.

At that very moment, 5up's ears started ringing, the sound was unbearable and the poor man collapsed beside Fundy, who was beginning to cough up blood.

The two phantoms hardly registered Dream shouting their names, and a rush of people suddenly entered the room.