Chapter 20

Once settled on the bench, Fruitberries opened the plastic bag and handed George a can of soda, while he took one for himself.

The brunette seemed hesitant to take the drink, but Fruitberries insisted.

"I'm sure that Illumina wouldn't mind giving you his share..." the Chief said.

"Illumina?" George asked as he took the drink.

"That's the name of Dream's first master, and he was one of the first masters in project K-9. It started during the war between the agency and the MOB. Due to lack of manpower, the agency decided to hire both Illumina and me along with a few others despite only being 20 at that time, and having only 2 years of training under our belts."

Fruitberries opened his drink and took a sip before continuing. "There were a few members of the MOB that agreed to turn over to our side and serve as informants and double agents. Unfortunately, the MOB soon found out they had traitors in their ranks and had them all executed, only two managed to escape."

The man took another sip of his drink, while George opened his.

"Those two were Dream's parents..."

Meanwhile, Dream lay down beside the grave, staring up at the early morning sky. Relishing in the warm rays of the sun as he slowly closed his eyes, and allowed his memories to take over. Transporting him back to relive his nightmares once again.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Beware!

The following Chapters of the story will have murder, death, blood, human experimentation, etc.

Please proceed with caution

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

When Dream reopened his eyes and found himself on a warm bed, with gentle rays entering his room from the window. The scent of the woods drifted through the wooden cabin, along with the smell of breakfast which quickly woke him up. He shot out of bed to wash his face in the bathroom.

He looked into the mirror and saw his 5-year-old self staring back at him. He didn't think too much about it and allowed his body to move on its own towards the dining room.

"Good morning Clay!" his mother greeted as she set a stack of pancakes in front of the boy, who greedily tucked in.

His father, who sat across from him chuckled in a low voice. "Slow down son, there's no need to rush."

Dream listened, and his mother placed a cup of juice in front of him. Just then his father's phone rang, and when the man saw the caller ID he frowned.

He quickly left the table and started speaking to the person on the other side of the line in a low voice.

Since it was a common occurrence the young boy wasn't bothered and simply continued his breakfast. His mother soon joined her husband in the corner, looks of worry both evident on their faces.

Despite trying their best to speak quietly, Dream still managed to hear a few words.

"That was the...agency,...all dead." He heard his father say.

"Are we in danger?" his mother asked.

"No... another safe house...move tomorrow..."

Moving again? Little Dream thought. They had been doing a lot of that lately, but he didn't really mind. It was rather exciting to live in so many different houses, and he wondered what the next one would look like.

"Clay darling, please go to your room and start keeping your toys. We will be moving to another house tomorrow..." his mother said in a cheerful tone, but hearing it now it did sound a bit fake.

"Okay Mama..." the boy replied, he was done with breakfast anyway.

He had just begun the task when he heard a car pull up outside the cabin. He peaked out of his room, to see his father standing near the door with a gun in hand.

This didn't frighten the child, he had seen his father practice shooting before, and had hoped to do the same when he was old enough. His mother spotted him and quickly ran towards her son.

"Clay, please go back inside and wait for -" she didn't get to finish her sentence as hundreds of bullets suddenly shot through the door, hitting his father and killing him instantly.

Everything after that seemed to happen in slow motion, his father's body falling to the floor, his mother calling out to her husband as she ran towards him. Another round of bullets fired off, this time piercing his mother's body.

"Mama!" Dream yelled as he quickly ran over to her. She was still breathing but losing blood at a rapid speed.

"Clay..." she said in a strained voice, blood starting to come out of her mouth. "Run Clay...run far away..." she said before life left her body.

"Mama? MAMA! Run where mama? I'm scared mama...please don't leave me..." he sobbed, shaking his mother's body.

So caught up in grief, he barely registered other people entering the room. That is until he heard the sound of high heels hitting the cabin's wood floor.

The boy lifted his head to see a woman with an amused look on her face, wearing a sleek black dress, complete with gloves.

"Targets have been eliminated Mistress Jean..." one of the men in the room informed.

"I can see that..." she stated as she walked over to his mother's body. She raised her foot and dug her pointed heel into his mother's stomach.

"Don't think you can escape from your life as a witch so easily Irene. You and your Ex-Skeleton husband got exactly what you deserved, the minute you decided to betray the organization," she said with a malicious grin on her face.

"Please stop miss..." Dream begged as he tried to lift her foot off his mom. "You're hurting my Mama..." he sobbed.

Jean grabbed the boy harshly by the hair, making the blonde yelp with pain, before forcing him to look at his mother's body.

"Your mother is dead Boy. She doesn't feel pain anymore...even if I do this," She said, before kicking his mother's side hard enough to flip the body over.

"Mama!" Dream yelled as he tried to escape the woman's grasp.

Jean then grabbed the boy by his chin, and forced him to face her, "She is dead, your mother is gone and never returning." She stated in a cold tone, which frightened the boy so much that he started crying.

"What shall we do with him Mistress Jean?" one of the men in the room asked.

"We take him with us, he may prove useful to the MOB..." she stated, before dragging the kicking and screaming boy to a car outside.

After receiving a hard slap to his cheek from Jean for being too noisy, he quickly tried to muffle his sobs using his hands. His heart constricted as the car started to move, carrying him away from his dead parents, and bringing him to a place that he would later call Hell.