Achilles -Dreamnotfound 😊

CW:

Plot: Dream has been prophesied to be the greatest fighter of his age and yet no one has ever seen him fight. No one is ALLOWED to see him fight. George is his helping hand and doesn't treat him like something to be used or feared like the others. And Dream loves it. (By the way I'm doing the kind of part before Achilles and Patroclus go to war and stuff)

A/N: there will be a point where it is directly taken from the book 'The Song of Achilles' (which I highly recommend), so when the writing changes drastically to being good, that's what that is lmao
~
Dream's POV.

"Please, as if you could beat me in a fight," I chuckle as George walks with me down the marble corridor of my fathers palace. A few boys walking past and smiling at me, but I ignore them.

"No one has ever seen you fight! So I might be able to," he exclaimed, throwing his hands in front of him and moving them around to effect, "You could be complete shit,"

"As if I'm shit, have you seen my muscles?" I ask jokingly flexing my arms in his direction and leaning down to his height.

"You're an idiot, Dream," he says rolling his eyes while he pushes my arm away from his face. He doesn't take his hand off of my arm and for a heart beat he looks up at me and snatches his hand off of me as if he's been burnt and shakes his head.

"You love me, don't even," I tell him, still a little confused. "I've got to go to training, so I'll see you at dinner?"

"Yeah, see you there," he answers, sounding deflated, "Enjoy training,"

I walk into the small grass area that I train in. The dirt looking gold in the setting Sun, George would look pretty laying on the grass as Apollo brought the sun down.

~Time Skip~

I walk into the loud hall, tables piled with boys of all ages. All scrambling to get the good food before it's gone.

I see George sitting at the edge at one of the end tables, picking at a sorry excuse for bread. I walk over and all the boys turn around, rushing towards where we sit.

"Hey, Dream! I was wondering if you wanted to-"
"Dream! Your hair looks so nice toda-"
"Can I come to your next trai-"
"Dream! Dream! Juggle the fruit agai-"

All the voices overlay screaming to get my attention. So many voice cracks.

"Uhh, I don't know guys, I'm not really hungry today, I'll probably just go sit on the grass," I yell over the boys, putting my hand on George's knee. That may sound super couple-y but that's just our code for come find me after a few minutes.

They all visibly slump in disappointment as I get up, slowly walking away back to their tables.

As I walk down the halls, alone this time, I listen to the fading sounds of shouts echoing in the great hall. The sound of a pair of feet thudding towards me, then I feel someone jump up, wrapping their arms around my shoulders, nearly making me fall down.

"Hey, George," I say chuckling at his excitement.

"Hey, Dream!" He puffs out, tired from running and jumping so quickly, "Where are we going today?"

"Uhmm I don't know, wanna go to the water side? Lay on the grass?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course!" He answers, smiling up at me. He's so short oh my gods.

We walk over to the exit and as we walk out of the archway onto the dirt path I hear George yell "LAST ONE THERE HAS TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR," as he bolts off.

I chase after him, easily catching up to the smaller boy. As we get closer to the beach I grab his waist with both hands and spin around so I'm running back wards in front of him, startling him to slow down.

As I skid to a stop, winning the race, obviously, he catches up and is huffing and puffing angrily, "You cheated!" He yelled, obviously not really caring.

"You started before you even finished your sentence!" I say as I flop down into the ground.

"As if! You're just an idiot," He retorted, rolling his eyes as he laid down next to me.

"An idiot that beat you," I chuckled.

"Blah blAh blah," He countered, "Wanna go swimming?"

"Sure," I answer, standing up and running to the water as I take off my tunic, leaving me in my wraps.

I dive in, the water's surface breaking and turning a pearl white around me. The teal green water wrapping itself, folding as I swim, George jumping in after me. His laughs and giggles heard, even as I glide through the water.

As I make my way back up to the surface I see George in front of me, facing the other way. So I swim towards him to scare him.

When I go to grab him to fighten him, he turns around so I'm holding his waist and standing unnaturally close to him. His wide eyes staring into mine. Our breaths mixing together as the water trails down my face. Before I even realise I glance down at his lips.

But then I step back, "Gotcha," I say breathlessly.

"I- uh- y-yeah, asshole," He stutters out, as if he's waking up from a daze. We continue swimming and splashing one another, ignoring what just happened.

As we walk out of the water I sit down in the sand, not nothing putting my tunic back on until I'm dry.

George's POV.

As I follow Dream, I notice he doesn't put his tunic on, so I don't either and sit down next to him. I look over to him, the water slowly dripping down his face and arms, falling off of his hair and tracing its way down his chest and to his stomach.

I realise I that I'm staring and look up at his eyes to see him looking back at me.

My pulse jumps, for no reason I can name. He has looked at me a thousand times, but there is something different in his gaze, an intensity I don't know. My mouth is dry, and I can hear the sound of my throat as I swallow.

He watches me. It seems that he is waiting.

I shift, an infinitesimal movement, towards him. It's like the leap from a waterfall. I don't know, until then, what I am going to do. I lean forward and out lips land clumsily on each other. They are like the fat bodies of bees, soft and round and giddy with pollen. I can taste his mouth- hot and sweet with honey from the dessert he took as we left. My stomach trembles, warm drop of pleasure spreads beneath my skin. More.

A/N: see I could finish this, oorrrrrr I could skip the next part because it is not fun to write or read and awkward to do. But I hope you enjoyed, and thank you for reading <3