Chapter 13

"What do we got?" Rosé said running up to the ambulance alongside Jisoo.

"Seven car pile up," the paramedic said opening the doors. "Rescuers have been working all day to get people out. More traumas are on the way." He pulled the stretcher out. "34 year old female, severe head injury."

Jisoo gasped. "No! Irene!"

"No!" Rosé immediately started checking her eyes with a flashlight. "Dammit! Prep an OR stat!"

Nurses sprung into action like never before to try to save one of their own. They cleared the path and prepared the OR quickly.

"Need an assist?" Suga called.

"No, there's more traumas coming in though, call in all the surgeons!" Rosé said. They rushed into the OR and the nurses, now joined by Jisoo, prepared Irene for surgery. Rosé scrubbed in as quickly as she could and went to work right away.

She hooked the machines and opened her head but her brain swelled once it was open.

"Dammit!" Rosé ran the test to check for brain activity. "Come on Irene we can't lose you too. Please!"

Flatline.

Rosé tried to fix the bleeds and restart the brain.

Flatline.

Rosé dropped her head in defeat. Jisoo and all the other nurses all started crying.

"She's brain dead," Rosé said. "There's nothing I can do."

"No dammit!" Jisoo sobbed. "Jenduek and Irene in the same day? Why!?"

"Jennie," Rosé said with wide eyes. "Jisoo is Irene a donor?"

Jisoo's head snapped up and she immediately started typing on the computer. "Yes and she has the same blood type as Jennie!"

"Run the test!" Rosé cried.

Jisoo typed some more on the computer running Jennie's labs with the ones they did on Irene when they were prepping her for surgery. Jisoo's eyes widened. "93%"