Chapter 9

Waiting was absolute torture. Jisoo was bouncing her leg, then fidgeting her hands, then getting up and pacing. "Try to relax Jichu," Jennie said.

"Would you? If it was Lisa in there?"

"You and I have different attitudes about these things," Jennie said.

"What will I do if she dies?" Jisoo sat down beside Jennie. "She's my mate! And I feel like such a traitor cause I'm in love with Rosé and we marked each other and..."

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Jennie waved her hands. "You're in love with Rosé?"

"I don't know what happened." Jisoo buried her face in her hands. "One moment we're just casual fuck buddies and I'm helping her pick up women and the next..." she sighed.

"And does Rosé love you too?" Jennie asked.

Jisoo pointed to the fresh mating mark underneath Seulgi's. "What do you think?"

"Whoa two mating marks!" Jennie's eyes widened. "Will that stay?"

"I don't know," Jisoo said. "I never heard of someone who has two mates like this. Maybe Rosé's mark will fade or maybe Seulgi's will, I don't know."

"But you love Rosé? And you love Seulgi as well?"

"I feel like I'm gonna explode," Jisoo laid her forehead on Jennie's shoulder. "Rosé whom I love is operating on Seulgi whom I also love. What if Seulgi gets mad that I fell in love? We agreed to this whole thing together as casual fuck buddies. Or worse what if I never get to tell Seulgi any of this because she..." Jisoo's lip shook with emotion.

Jennie caressed her head. "Death is not the end. We are all meant to die. As long as you accomplished the things you wanted to before you go then it doesn't matter what age you are when you go. Besides, death is only the end of our existence in this plane, who knows what lies beyond."

Jisoo nodded. "And is that what you truly believe or just what you tell yourself to hide the fact that you're actually terrified?"

Jennie moved Jisoo so she could look her in the eyes. "It's what I believe."

"Okay, then how about the people you leave behind?" Jisoo asked. "I think Seulgi might think the same as you. She went into danger head first everyday trying to help people and make the world a better place. She is a hero and she would consider dying like this an honor. But what about everyone else huh? What about her family who loves her? What about her mate who will probably live with grief and guilt her whole entire life?"

Jennie frowned. "I guess I didn't really think of that."

"You might be ready to die but I don't think Lisa is ready to lose you," Jisoo said crying. "I'm not ready to lose you especially if I lose Seulgi too. So please, Jenduek, retract your DNR and give your consent for the transplant."

Jennie sighed deeply then hugged Jisoo tightly. "You know, Lisa has been asking me to do that since day one, then Rosé and Irene asked me, and now you, but in all these times no one has ever given me a good reason to keep on fighting. You are worth fighting for. Lisa is worth fighting for. I'll do it."

Jisoo broke the hug to look at her in surprise. "R-really?"

Jennie smiled at her. "Really. Go bring me the paperwork."

"Oh my God Jenduek! I can't believe I did it! Lisa's gonna be so happy!" Jisop jumped to her feet.

"Well, happier since we finally had sex tonight," Jennie said blushing and smiling. "Like all the way."

"What!?" Jisoo immediately placed her fingers on Jennie's pulse point and look at her watch.

Jennie laughed. "Jichu I'm fine. I didn't die during orgasm."