47. Adventures of being banished.

Yeah, cause i am nice like that😗 I suggest you grab you tissues tho!

Thursday, 2nd April, 2020

"Wake up, wake up."

The man made noises at the sudden cut of his sleep. Rolling over to the side, he groaned and pulled the blanket over his head in an attempt to go back to sleep.

Laila wasn't having it, she dipped her knees into the bed, crawling and shaking him.

"You need to wake up," she said, voice in a whisper. He made no move to pay heed to her. With no choice whatsoever, she yanked the cover off his face and upper body, placing her warm palms on his thick, cold arms and shaking him again. "You need to wake up, Sudais."

"What..." he dragged in a deep, sultry voice that sounded like a grumble, turning his head to rest his cheeks on the pillow in her direction without opening his eyes. "What is it?"

"Baby..."

Sudais had intended on not making a move but her choice of label had his eyes slowly dragging their lids apart, his pink eyes morphing into a squint in dazzle. He could count with one hand how many times she had called him baby.

Nonetheless, he was still tired, he had no zing to get up.

Alternatively, he hoisted a slow, large palm to her cheek and squeezed it, wordlessly asking her what was wrong but also reassuring her whatever was wrong was going to be okay.

Laila held his wrist, her eyes welling up with tears.

He had an inkling of what was making her emotional but didn't act on it, instead, he raised a weak brow. "Koyahata Kiddo? Ko fe'i? (What's up, Kiddo? What happened?)"

Laila gently shook her head, vulnerable tears gliding down her cheeks as she sniffled.

At the sound of her sniffle, he steadily rose to his knees, his butt on the pillow while his legs went the other way. "Now, I'm really worried. Vi mi. Koi ya nu ma? (Tell me. What is wrong with you?)"

His words only fueled her, her sniffle turning into a sob as she slanted forward, resting her forehead on his left shoulder and slowly vibrating against him while whispering, "It's not me...it's you...it's you...they um-he um..."

"They what? He what? Who what?" His questions came out jumbled, his palm coming up to rub her back. After struggles, he managed to pull the woman away.

Her head hung low, she swallowed at his next set of questions.

"I don't want to ask you again, Sadiya. What. Is. Wrong?"

"They...he-the governor, Sudais," she started, raising teary and smudged face at his narrowed facial, "He dethroned you. He...he gave your uncle, Bappah Sule, the throne."

Laila had expected a look of disbelief to spread across his face; his eyes widen and distance themselves, his mouth hang agape, anything that showed he was in shock. Alternatively, she watched him take a deep breath as he slowly got rid of the covers over his legs to get on his feet, his face devoid of the emotion 'Shock' but overflowing with 'Acceptance'

Why wasn't he reacting the way she thought he was going to?

"Wha-what?" Her palms flew around, her tears halting and her shoulders tensing. "Why are not saying anything?" She mimicked him, getting off the bed and getting in his face not caring that they had morning breath. "Talk to me."

He sighed, stepping to the side and walking past her toward the bathroom and that was when it clicked.

She swung in his direction, "Did you already know you were going to be dethroned?"