20. A unity of hell.

Sunday, 16th February, 2019.

"10 million..."

"Hmm..."

"Think about it, 3 months, if we're successful, 10 million. Not to talk of allowances, shelter, and transport. You have-"

"I got shelter and transport, thank you." He felt the need to assure as he jerked his back off from the swivel chair just to place a clasped hand on his coffee table. Holding unto his slowly building-up anger, he snapped. "You don't tempt me with stuff I already have..."

He raised a finger that shook like a club, eyes narrowed at the coffee table. "My dad did this right?"

Feigning innocence, the man's lip lifted in fake surprise. "What are you talking about, Sudais?"

Sudais threw his head and scoffed. "Come on, don't play dumb with me. He did this. The Lamido(king) did this ko?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." The man shook his head as he palmed his knee.

Sudais swayed his head, pursing his lips and drawing his brows in. "Great. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then, move this project to Lagos and I'll let you guys take off 30% of what you're offering."

The man sighed, dropping his head as he muttered. "You're one stubborn man."

Sudais heard grumbles, not words, he protested, mockingly. "Huh? What was that?"

The man rose his head. "I said, it's teamwork. We can't move the project here to Lagos just because one member wants it that way. We compro-"

"Not just one, one very important member. Which I personally don't think you can pull this thing off without." Sudais corrected.

The man's mouth hung agape before he shook his head, his eyes coming close as he took a deep breath, careful not to tell the prince what was on his mind. Insults, lots of them. In a much calmer voice than his inner turmoil, he pointed out. "You let your arrogance get ahead of you, you never know what could happen."

A sick smile lifted the sides of the tanned-hulky man's lips. "What i do know is that you guys have a 50% more chance at doing this right with me. And, 50% more chance at messing this up without me."

Talking to Sudais was useless, the man concluded as he stood up with his briefcase, but not before dropping a blue bound contract paper. "If you change your mind, the door is always open."

Sudais hummed, placing his chin on his palm and resting his fingers on the sides of his face as he watched the man's gait. "Feel free to shut it."

"When we find someone better, we will."

Knowing there were people way better than him out there, he still gambled with his opportunity. "Good luck with that!" He yelled just before the door closed.

He let out a loud sigh as he slumped into the chair.

Damn you, Baba Alhaji. Sorry, but damn you.

To hell with, You don't tempt me with stuff I already have.

He had enough but he certainly didn't have 10 million just laying around.

He was sitting, 3 weeks after marriage in his flat, staring at the table with an empty tea cup, bread, and his phone on his coffee table, being miserable.

Dressed in grey sweatpants with a khaki tee, he sighed at his memory from last week with the man for the umpteenth time as he thought of his awaiting journey.

He was supposed to get on the jet in an hour to go see some black, smooth dark skin woman, with hypnotizing eye-sclera dots, smoky voice, heavy buns, and shitty personality that doesn't show on her stupidly bewitching face, but here he was, stalling.