40. Let's NOT wipe out the Human race.

Saturday, 10th August, 2019.

The black sock in the confines of Sudais' fingers hitched up his ankles over the sound of the closet door closing. He picked the other pair of socks just in time for an alluring voice to chant in a sing-song. "Sarari. Mantuwa babu shagala babu me horo abi Allah."

He halted in his deed, the corner of his mouth quirked up and he rose his eyes to her.

"Abba uban gayya!" Her folded fist rose, a wide smile plastered on her face as she took leveled steps towards him, her sing-song- praises sustaining.

Her thumb pointed at the door. "Maza jiran maza..." she said, referring to the gang of men awaiting his arrival.

"Me rimi adon gari..."

It took her more seconds to cross to his amused figure, his hands hanging mid-air. Rather, he looked taken aback but still looked happy at her sudden interest in him.

"Me zama kan dutse," her palm patted his white kaftan chest pocket. "Abba kafi gaban aljihu."

"Zaki adon saraki."

Her folded fist came up again as she twirled around, letting him see what she was on and how damn good it looked on her. That had him bursting into laughter. Where was all this coming from?

With a stronger effort, she lifted her voice. "Mahassaddan ka fadawanka!" She inched closer, taking his hand into hers and pulling him up as he gaped at their intertwined hands but quickly switched it into a smile.

Then she motioned at the door. "Kofa rufin asirinsa daki. Gargada hana sauri, kaji Abba ubana?"  It was obvious her question didn't need an answer, but he gleefully nodded anyway.

"Na mamman jika, gwarzo na Jimeta. Alhaji Biggi biggi!"

Her praises continued as he, unfortunately, un-tangled their fingers but rose an index to indicate it was no offense, he just needed to do something. He marched to the wall with a picture of his dad and took the picture off to reveal a hidden trunk. He punched the password and revived stacks of mint Naira notes. He strolled back to his wife whose happy expression accompanied a light squeal before she was praising him again.

He ripped the paper off the 1k mint to flatten on her forehead just in time for her strings of praises. "Abban talakawa." He unceasingly nodded, pressing the cash to her forehead. "Abban matasa." The couple grinned, Laila raising her hands as they both swayed to nothing but her voice in bliss. "Abban mutane."

She raised her open palms and eyes in prayers, so did he. "Allah ya kare ka daga sharrin mahassada."

"Ameeeeen."

"Oyoyo Biggi!" It took him off guard but for the first time since they had gotten married, she hugged him. A genuine, happy one. He hesitantly released the bundle of cash and his hands rose but slowed as he contemplated hugging her back. She started it right?

He wrapped a gentle arm around her and she tightened her hold around him, sighing in the process.

It wasn't that he didn't like their scene or their comfortable silence, he was just too thirsty to know why she was happy about this or him all of a sudden. "I mean i am not complaining but why are you so happy?" In a string, he added, pathetically anxious that she might choose to go back to her usual sulky self. "I-i mean don't get me wrong. I love this. I love this part of you. I also—" she cut him off by squeezing him harder. He sighed, wrapping back his right arm around her that had hiked up while he was protesting. "Okay..." it was obvious she just wanted him to be quiet. So, he heeded.