18. Should've stayed in bed.

"So...should i take you to the lagoon, or do you want to try round 2 of starving me?"

Laila glared at Sudais, clenching her teeth and crossing her arms over her chest. "I want to starve you...to death, hopefully."

He clapped his hands, his lips pursed in amusement that she so wanted to smack off. "Well then, i guess home it is."

At home-his home, she didn't have enough time to survey her surrounding, not that she cared to. All she could make up from the occasional glances off her phone in which Mami returned to her before her departure, was that the buildings were tall, taller than the ones at her home, and were painted in complete white with touches of black.

"It's past asr, my dad must be asleep by now and we can freshen up before you meet him," Sudais announced as the car parked in a 3-story building smaller in width than the rest.

Pride wouldn't let her ask him where they were, so she was going with her wild guess; a guest house.

Okay, maybe she was wrong and it wasn't a guest house.

On the second floor, Sudais looked awfully familiar with the musk odh smelling apartment that was furnished in grey. She stood for a second, surveying the lounge and its details over the sound of Sudais speaking.

"Where is my room?" Laila demanded after their bags had been brought in.

His Shoes paused halfway as he rose his eyes to her. Cocking an eyebrow, he side-eyed her. "You mean my room?"

Laila shook her head, her expression serious, "No, my room."

"There are many rooms in this house but I haven't heard any with the name: Sadiya's room."

"It's Laila." It felt weird being called Sadiya when no one called her that.

He shook his head, undressing further. "It's whatever i want."

Laila let out a scoff and walked to the troll bags to drag 2 of hers towards the door that was obviously the bedchamber.

Laila gasped as she almost fell to the side at the intensity of which Sudais flew past her into the neat, spacious room and disappeared into another door that was without doubt a restroom.

Laila got rid of the itchy material and sat in a robe and himar as she started to scroll through her phone.

An hour later, Laila walked alongside Sudais in a new set of Ankara with a medium cotton veil wrapped around her shoulders down to her midriff, while Sudais clad himself in a white jallabiya as he lead her to a tall flat in the humongous house.

He had only mentioned meeting his family and was met with a living room brim-full of women after they had walked past a few doors into the chilly, strawberry-scented flat.

Sudais lead a curt greeting to the women along with Laila who got the memo that this...wasn't his family. A few more doors, and then they were in a much smaller living room with floor-to-ceiling windows and a brown interior.

A lady rose her stuffed-up face to the duo and her eyes widened. Laila twisted to Sudais who had a similar look overtaking his features.

"Hafsy? What are you doing here?"

The girl, Hafsy wrinkled up her stuffed face while still chewing. Mouth full, she answered, motioning at the living room with her hand that held a phone. "I...live here?"

Sudais clicked his tongue, stepping out of his shoes and approaching the girl with a bowl and a loaf of bread on the floor. "I mean school. Mima is there. Wait," he glanced back to motion at Laila to have a seat and she sat on the rug opposite the girl. "Is Mima here too? Ko itama taje Borno?"