32. You love me?

Laila was flying.

She was in the air, flying and it wasn't a dream.

How was that happening?

She slowly unfolded her eyes and immediately closed them, then peeped again as she felt herself flying down into a soft mattress.

She wasn't flying, she was being carried. Well, you already guessed it: Sudais.

His arms that were wrapped around her body slowly released her as he moved his weight off the bed to stand and stare at her.

Laila continued with the act, acting as if she was asleep until she heard him chuckle. "I know you're awake now."

Internally sighing and slapping herself, she squinted open her tightly closed eyes. With her half point of view, she met the man in a cotton milk jallabiya with his arms dangling by his side. He picked a hand and placed the back of it on her forehead.

In a small voice, she beat him to a question. "What gave it away?"

He shrugged, moving to dip his butt on the bed as he turned to place his palm on her forehead. "Your muscles became tense just before i dropped you on the bed. You're heating up, what's wrong with you?"

Now that he did mention it, what was wrong with her was that they weren't married, but she cheated-ishh. She wouldn't have cared if it was mids January when they had gotten married-fake married when she bolted, in fact, she would've been glad. Now, with the fact that she was looking at him unable to do or say anything, she took her gaze off him as she tipped her weight to her right side and laid on it, rocking back and forth thinking how everything had changed before whispering; "Just a headache, i think my blood pressure is a little high."

He slowly nodded, then proceeded to rub her back lovingly. He didn't know when it had happened but he didn't even want a fly touching or hurting her. "I'm sorry. Do you know why?"

She sniffed, of course. "I'm a 500level medical student. Of course, i know. My emotions shot the blood pressure up."

He hummed, "Should i get you some painkillers? Or would you like to sleep the headache and emotions away?" She knew they saw each other in a whole different line of view after his little breakdown, but why was he acting nice? Too nice...

Her rocking halted as she gave it a thought then nodded at the foremost while slowly rising her upper body, only to rest her back against the headboard. "Painkillers, please. I have to start reading anyway."

"I'm going to but you do realize you take that stuff on an unhealthy level, right?" He reasoned, raising a brow as he slanted forward, discreetly breathing in her intoxicating smell and resisting the urge to touch her skin. He loved her skin. He loved—

She sighed, gently swaying her head up and down. "It's for school. It's worth it." She answered over the sound of him rummaging through the pill box. He got them and a bottle of water for her before dipping into the bed with one leg underneath himself and the other dangling off the bed.

He slowly started as he placed 2 pills into her palm and watched her dawn them along with the water. "Speaking of school....i um-i created an app for you."

Laila stared at him for a minute and he shifted every now and then, expecting an answer. He didn't, so he tilted his head, mouth slightly agape. "You going to say something, Sadiya?"

"I-i...i-" she stuttered, lifting her hands to motion at pure gibberish before she gathered herself. "You love me?"

His five senses all ceased for a second as his smile faltered while his nose wrinkled and his eyes squinted, what was she doing to him? "No, i said i created-"