Chapter 18: You're Fucking Incredible

(Faith's Pov)

After yesterday's events with disappearing in my forest and having my friends and Charles fix my letters, I couldn't be any more happier and relieved...I honestly thought after everything that's happened and with happened to my letters that, it would be the end of me...I mean I know I have the memories, clothes, jewelry and pictures of me with my grandparents, but the letters were all them, it's still something physical and emotional I have left of them and how they were feeling once I came here and how they wrote to me daily because they worried about me and wanted me to make friends...

Sure, they didn't really understand how my mutation worked or how I even began to have them in which I learned the father carries the genes so thanks dad -_- but they still tried and did their best and they still cared enough to love me and raise me even when my own parents didn't...It was always so nice to listen and hear my grandparents every thoughts...even till their last days...Those letters mean the world to me and I couldn't thank Peter and everyone for all that they've done to try and fix them for me.

I had also forgotten that I told Peter that I loved him...I didn't process those feelings until we got home from lunch and hung out together in the common room. The others were all doing their own things and me and Peter watched movies...I couldn't stop thinking about him and about what I had told him...I mean yes, I love him...but it's a scary thing ya know? Because even though you're living there's no guarantee that you'll be loved.

Since I also grew up with nothing from my parents, from the very people who birthed me and were supposed to love and care for me...they didn't and it's a scary thing to be loved because I've only known it from my grandparents and from Charles and Hank really...I mean sure they're my professors but they've been with me since day 1, been there when my grandparents had died...they're like my uncles pretty much, they're the only other family I got...

But with Peter...it's different, he's never judged me once for anything, he's always been there for me, comforts me when I'm upset and makes me smile and laugh...he makes me really happy, more happy than I've ever been in my entire life so yes, I do love him and yes, it's scary because part of me is still afraid that someday things will change and maybe he won't love me anymore...but I also know that relationships can get rocky and aren't 100% happy all the time, I know this.

Plus, he is really popular with the ladies here so sometimes maybe I think he deserves better and I'm usually stuck in this mindset of 'if my parents didn't love me, then maybe I don't deserve to be loved' but I know Peter loves me, I mean he literally went out of his way to fix something that meant the world to me in reality most people would think is so silly...I mean who does that ya know?

But growing up with no love makes me afraid to love because I don't know what it is and it's quite overwhelming and a little uncomfortable because I'm afraid something bad will happen if I do get comfortable and try to love...I mean you never know what's gonna happen so I guess it's all or nothing right? I'll never know unless I don't try so what the hell am I right?

Anyways, I didn't really pay much attention to anything or anyone after that because I was in my own little world. When it was late and time for lights out, I said goodnight to the others and Peter before heading up to my room to try and get some sleep. However, I knew that wouldn't happen because of my brain and how it tends to overthink everything.

So when, I got to my room, I decided to take a nice hot bath in hopes of it not only calming me down but the overthinking, anxious part of me too. I wasn't sure how long I was in there foe but it felt like an eternity since I started to cold. After that, I got ready for bed, lied down and tried to get some sleep...But of course nothing worked, by the time I looked at the clock is was already almost 3am.