Chapter 3: Someone New?

(Faith's Pov)

I fluttered my eyes open to the sun shining through my bedroom window and my alarm clock going off. I sighed and groaned as I hit the snooze button and curled back up on my bed not wanting to get up but I know I had to.

I sighed as I looked seeing I was a little after 7am which made me sigh and sat up groggily. I yawned and rubbed my face tiredly and looked outside seeing it was cloudy and gloomy but the sun was still shining brightly...I couldn't help but think of last night which made me frown a little...I don't understand why I'm the one who has to be bullied? I mean am I that easy of a target?

It is cause I'm that pathetic and that my powers are potentially useless? I mean I'm sure I could kill people with my powers, I haven't done so before, I mean sure I've had my fair share of anger and rage but never have I taken it out on other people before but I mean every mutant is unique with all kinds of different abilities so why do I have to be the odd one out? Why do I have to be punished? What did I ever do to deserve this?

I sighed as I hopped out of bed stretching and yawning. I headed over to my dresser and looked seeing my hair was all over the place. I sighed and brushed my hair and got dressed into blue jeans with a nice black cardigan t-shirt. It looked to be a lot chillier today so I slid on a beanie and my shoes and grabbed my bag and headed out of my room hearing kids coming and going to class and talking or laughing with their friends.

I frowned and sighed you never truly know you alone you feel when you're in school with 1000+ kids and knowing that you have absolutely no one to talk to? If that's not the definition of loneliness, then I don't know what is and you have no idea how much it fucking hurts.

I sighed and walked to the kitchen seeing the other professors which made me sigh as I grabbed a mug and poured myself a cup of coffee. I heard Charles roll up to me, "Good-Mornin Faith, did you sleep well?" he asked, I looked at him and nodded as I grabbed an energy bar from the cabinet "Faith, I'll be in my office in a few moments, you can wait for me there" Charles said,

I nodded as I headed to Charles' office to wait for him. I walked in to hear nothing but silence which made me sigh as I took a seat and drank my coffee and ate my granola bar. I grabbed out my books and notebooks and waited for Charles to arrive.

After a few moments, Charles wheeled in which made me smile softly "Ah, how are you this morning Faith?" He asked, I sighed and shrugged a bit "Eh I'm okay I guess" I said, Charles nodded "Something on your mind?" He asked, I shrugged "Just feeling lonely is all...sure is lonely being in a school with 1000 kids and having none of them be your friend" I stated and sipped my coffee.

Charles frowned but nodded, "I see. Well, if it makes you feel better someone new is starting today and I'm sure they could use a friend" He mentioned, I smiled a little "But you know I can't talk to people" I whined a bit, he chuckled "Then I'll tell him all about you and he'll come to you" He said,

My eyes widen a bit...Him? A new boy is starting? I can't talk to people, let alone boys...oh fun. My face flushed a bit which made Charles chuckle a little "Shall we get started?" He asked, I shook my head and nodded as I finished what work I had left over from the other day and made sure I handed it in to Charles.

I like that Charles is my only teacher. He likes to make teaching more fun; he likes teaching me the basic school stuff like math and English but he also teaches me about my powers and how to control it, manipulate it, work with it...all that kinds of good stuff and boy is it amazing to hear how good my powers are from someone else...Luckily I got my notes,

Plant Manipulation: Also Called

-Agrokinesis

-Arborkinesis