Chapter 2: Alone

(Faith's Pov)

I fluttered my eyes open to the sound of my blaring alarm clock going off. I scrunched my nose up and groaned as I hit the snooze button hearing nothing but the silence again. I sighed and pulled the blankets over me just wanting to go back to sleep but it is a school day so I kinda can't.

I sighed and pulled the blankets off me and sat up. I looked outside seeing the sun rising behind the trees and shining brightly through the darkness of my bedroom window. I smiled softly and looked seeing it was 7am which school starts at 8am, Lunch is at Noon plus some free time and what not for an hour then back to class until 2:30pm.

It's a pretty broad schedule, I mean the classes are a lot better here than normal schools that's for sure because you get to learn more about mutants and mutant history and more in depth about your abilities and you even get to train and spar with other students to help train your abilities.

It's pretty cool...I mean I wouldn't really know since well I get bullied and I don't have any friends so me and Charles kinda work on my abilities together...which I'm not complaining of course, Charles has been there for me more than my parents have so he's like a father to me...He's helped me through basically everything and I can't thank him enough.

When I first arrived here, Charles had talked to my grandparents who told him about the situation and Charles did such a good job of raising and taking care of me...when my Grandparents died, I was such a wreck, Charles had pulled me into his office and had told me the news and once he told me, I don't think I stopped crying until I passed out in his arms.

He held me and always checked up on me to see if I needed anything and he let me off school for a couple of weeks to allow me to grief and he's always been there and I can't thank him enough...I mean it does make me overthink a bit though because he's not my dad...

He's a teacher...well kinda the principal here at his school that he built, created and made...I've been with him for only 7 years and yet he's shown me more love and affection than my parents ever could throughout my 10 years of life before coming here...

But it sucks because I'm not gonna be here forever and I don't have anywhere else to go...I don't have friends, I have no family to go to, I'm still too shy and timid for such a tough and hard world like this so how am I ever going to find a job? What about living on my own? I don't want to be alone anymore.

I can't die alone...I just can't...because what's the point of me being alive if it's gonna be on my own where I can't do jack shit with my life? It's pointless, my life is pointless and it hurts being alone because I have been alone for 17 years of my life...sure my grandparents were always there and Charles is always here...but mentally, I've been alone for 17 years...

Do you know what it's like basically growing up to 2 parents who had no time for you? Where you did everything you could and tried your damn hardest to get them to notice and love but all they did was push you away and abandon you to be someone else's problem?

You know what that does to a little girl? It destroys them to the point to where they have wounds that won't heal...People will never understand what it's like because everyone here has better powers, better abilities, have friends and loving and supportive parents...whereas the only people who ever loved me died and I never even got to say goodbye...

I frowned and sighed as I blinked back to reality by my eyes burning from the sunlight. I groaned and sighed as I rubbed my eyes tiredly before hopping out of bed and stretching and yawning. I sighed as I walked to my dresser and looked in my mirror seeing my hair was all over the place.

I rolled my eyes before grabbing my brush that was on my dresser and brushed my hair since it's too short to put it up. I grabbed one of my headbands and slid it on to get the hair out of my face and walked to my bathroom to wash my face. I was glad this place was big enough to where we could have our own bathrooms...