Chapter 14: What Hurts The Most

(Faith's Pov) *THE SAME DAY*

After what felt like hours of sobbing, I coughed and wheezed being unable to breathe. My nose was stuffed, my head and heart hurt, my face felt red, puffy and swollen from all the crying. My throat hurt from screaming and sobbing, I was so exhausted...so tired...why me? Why today of all days? I can't take this anymore...

Once things had gone quiet, Peter still held my shaking body in his arms. He got up holding me still and walked to the kitchen. He gently sat me down at the table and got me tissues, a glass of water and some Ibuprofen. I weakly grabbed some tissues and blew my nose the best I could so I could breathe a little. I coughed once I did before drinking my water and taking the medicine.

After that, Peter threw away my tissues and cupped my red, puffy, tear-stained cheeks in his hands. He frowned "What happened baby?" he asked softly, I sniffled and sighed a bit "I-I was trying to find you" I whispered and coughed still feeling my throat close and scratch up. I drank more of my water and sighed a bit as it felt good going down my sore throat. I took a deep painful breath "O-Once I couldn't, I-I tried to call you b-but then I-I bumped into those guys who've been bullying me since I got here" I whispered,

Peter furrowed his eyebrows a bit, "I-I thought after what I did everyone would stay away...I didn't think they would hurt me again b-but I was wrong...th-they wanted revenge for what I did...t-they got stronger and faster s-so they could hurt me...b-but once they saw my box...t-they grabbed it...th-they told me nasty things a-and I-I begged...I-I begged them to give it back b-but h-he ripped-" I couldn't even say as my voice became broken and high pitched. I looked down at the torn letters in my hands as my bottom lip quivered once more.

I choked on sobs as my shoulders and body shook once more "T-they're ruined...t-they're all ruined...I-it's all I have...t-this is all I have" I sobbed brokenly feeling everything in my being just die. Peter frowned and put the broken letters in the box before hugging me gently but tightly. He kissed my head and rubbed my back "I'm so sorry Faith...I-I tried so hard to find you. I don't know how I can be the fastest guy alive and still manage to be so late all the time. I'm so sorry" Peter explained as if he thought this was his fault...but it's not...how can it be?

I sniffled and pulled away, gently caressing his cheek, "It's not your fault Peter" I whispered, he frowned "I-I should've tried harder, looked sooner then maybe this-" he began to beat himself up about it. I shook my head, "Don't. Please" I whispered, he sighed a bit and gently grabbed onto my hands and kissed them gently "Did they hurt you?" he asked softly,

I sighed and nodded "They managed to throw me down before they all ended up punching and kicking me. I'm sure there's bruises on my body" I whispered; Peter frowned "Let me run you a hot bath okay?" He stated, I sighed "W-what about Ma and Pa?" I whimpered; Peter sighed "baby you're hurt. You need to rest" he argued, I sniffled "B-but it's still their birthday...I-I wanna see them...I-I need to" I cried out.

Peter kissed my head "okay, okay, but after you take a hot bath please? I promise we'll go see them afterwards" He said, I sniffled and nodded as Peter picked me up and brought me to my room. He sat me on the bed before heading to my bathroom and starting up the bath "Do you need anything? Want me to stay and help you or stay for company at least so you're not alone?" he asked,

My eyes widen a bit at the thought of Peter helping me bath and or staying to keep me company which means I'll be naked...and this will the first time he'll be seeing me naked. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, frankly I can't really feel anything else at the moment aside depressed and in pain so would I really have the room to feel embarrassed about my boyfriend seeing me naked? Would I feel insecure? Should I be insecure?

Peter could tell I was probably overthinking it as he walked over to me and pressed his forehead against mine "hey, don't think too hard about it. If you don't want me in there that's fine too but I don't want you to be alone right now, I'm worried about you. I can sit outside of the door and talk to you. I'll sit on the floor and look away if you don't want me to see you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. I'll do whatever you want but you need to tell me because I'm not a mind reader" He stated softly and gently.